39

HOTEL ROOM

"I got a bad feeling here, Mark." Naomi breaks of the silence between both of them. He's been playing with his phone since the evening, probably being sulky. Meanwhile her, watching the world moves from the hotel window,checking up her phone and repeat the same thing again. It's past 12 a.m and yet there's no sign of their members showing up in front of the hotel since they work in groups.

"Hey, do you hear me?" Naomi trying to get his attention. Mark's face carved an undescribable anger, pursed lips along with his little cussing while playing video games. The screen shows 'Game Over' and he finally look at her with a blank face.

"Oh my fucking God, what's with that face? You scared me." Naomi patted her chest in a slow motion.

"Um...nothing? What do you mean I scared you?" He put his phone aside and lay his back on the bed.

"You're the type of who's not really angry, more like you brush off your anger into the missions that are given. So this is my first time seeing you with that disgusting look." Naomi crossed her arms.

"Oh yeah? What if I do it again?" Mark lied down, responded while his eyes focused on the white ceiling. A smirk appeared on his face.

"Save that after the mission. The research team is here." Naomi said after watching from the hotel window. Mark got up and take a look, a big group walking towards the building in a rush.

"There's something wrong. I knew it." Mark put on a hoodie as a layer for his white shirt and left the room along with Naomi behind him.

"Where are you guys going?" Jeno gets up as soon as he saw both of the members show up in the living room.

"The research team is here and I got a bad feeling for their result." Mark said. Jeno quickly told Jaemin and Haechan to wake up and wait for the team to arrive.

After waiting a minute or two for the research team arrive in front of the door step, Mark started to rush himself and asked them multiple questions.

"Hold your horses, maple." Lucas halt him on his shoulders.

"How's it going? Do you found anyone?" Mark looked at each of the research team on the eye with full of questions. Rachel only shook her head as an answer.

"It turned out that the table flipped." Lucas shortened.

"What?" Jeno rose from his seat. Jaemin followed after with his eyebrows arched. Haechan quickly whipped his head after hearing those words.

"Renjun and YangYang disappeared. I assume that they got kidnapped either by Doosik or Naomi's brother." Xiaojun said.

"Argh, I knew it. Y'all should've just let us go and none of this would happen." Mark messing up his hair.

"And in other half, the elders haven't update about anything yet." Hendery voiced out.

"Fuck." Mark cussed in a low voice. Everyone's face started to look gloomy, they don't think any spare plans will work after they knew their enemy is much stronger than they expected. It's Mike and his son, Naoyuki along with their former member who play victim, Doosik.

"Do you think we can come up with another spare plan?" Naomi voiced. They all stay silent, maybe thinking in their heads. Their plan must include what their member's ability, weakness and enemy's weakness.