【Kanha's Priya Turns One】

A huge sorry in advance because apparently this is not an update because I'm still on break *nervous laugh*

Okay so what made me write this chapter? I seriously don't know how to put this up. It's so overwhelming and I'm literally shaking while writing but I'll try to put it up in words.

ᴋᴀɴʜᴀ'ꜱ ᴘʀɪʏᴀ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ᴛᴜʀɴꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ!!

I seriously don't know how to feel. Its a sum total of hugely mixed emotions.

I can't believe it's been one amazayn year to this book. Honestly, I had never ever imagined I'll be at this point penning down this message.

I'm seriously crying. I'm getting goosebumps it feels soo unreal. Award speech jaisa.

This day is always gonna remain special for me in soo soo many ways. Kanha's Priya is my first break through into this outside world. It was finally that I had seemingly stepped out of my strawberry world without any goals and expectations.

I cannot compile in words how much this book has given me back for all the efforts I had put. Honestly, it has given me more than I had put into it. (Okay okay, I sacrificed a lot too).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Writing Kanha's Priya has taken me towards a vast horizon of faith and belief. Something which would've never been possible if not for this book.

It has endowed me with realization in soo soo may ways. The various Purans and other authentic books I read as a part of my 'research' for this book has brought out a better me.

With that said, this day couldn't be anymore auspicious.
Today marks the (approximately) 5228th marriage anniversary of Mata Rukmini and Shri Krishna.

Yeah the year seems so jazzy and a lot of people asked me for explanation so I'll write it here instead of the dms hehe.

Calculation :

According to the modern calender
Prabhu was born in the year 3228 BC.

He left Vrindavan at the age of some 11 and then continued his education at Rishi Shandipani's aashram for next 14-15 years.

So Mata and him must have got married when he was around 25-26. Which makes up the year somewhere 3254 BC approximately.

So now it's AD 2021 so the number of years between AD 2021 and 3254 BC is 5228+ years.

So it's been approximately 5200+ years of their marriage and 5228 is just an approximation with respect to Krishna and Rukmini Mata's nakshtras and stuff. And the dates will forever be approximated since the New Calendar doesn't go along with our panchangan.

(My maths is bad, and I have approximated the age when he got married because I took into consideration the fact that he can't really stay away from her for that long haha).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like I always do, I'll thank all you beautiful souls for the success of the book.

Seriously speaking, I would just take 20% of the credits on my part. Without any second thoughts 80% of what Kanha's Priya is today, and where it stands today is because of all of you readers, my well wishers, friends and basically my fam.

One Year. 150K reads. 10K votes. 12 Awards and soo manyyyyyyyyy lessons and memories. I can't thank You all and Narayan enough for this. I can't put in words how much all of you and all of this means to me.

I always give this senti thankyou to you all but this time I have decided to thank you in a different way (Which ay or may not be lame so please don't kill me?)

I have tried making a digital outline-ish painting of Rakhumai on a starry night sky (The night sky is drawn my me from the scratch and I'm so very satisfied with it).

Soooooo Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

This is what I made. I took some inspiration of digital drawings of Mata Rukmini on some Instagram pages and improvised it a lot, especially at her jewellery part and that रखुमाई part because she's like the most precious jewellery Narayan ever wears? Absolutely!
(Also, otherwise it would've been plain mAiNsTrEaM.)

My obsessive self has kept it has my wallpaper and ya'll can do it too

This was what I wanted to give ya'll as a token of huge enormous gigantic thankyou to you all.

If you do not like this tell me in the comment section what return gift you want for Kanha's Priya's first birthday (Just don't ask for an update, smartpants hihi).

Also, did I dance and tell ya'll that I found my entire name in the Rukmini Sahasranama in Skanda Puran?

_________________________________________

With that ranted, I'll end here.
Thankful for the most Graceful mother and the most Playful father up there, in the most beautiful place.
Thankyou for all the beautiful moments and also of all the rugged lesson you both taught me.
All glories to My Rukmini Shyam.