Fortune and Flames

Special mention to Tisha because I forgot to wish her wish her on her birthday :( I'm sorry but here's an update <3 Hannahstorm311

Vaishnavi's deep, honeyed eyes glistened in the midday light, which was now shining directly on her bare head. She cautiously waited for the ideal moment to cruise behind Dhriti, slowly trying to wiggle her empty hands along her mother's angawastra, taking her time to encapsulate the exciting surroundings of Indraprasth, about which she had only heard via legends and stories.

Shatanik, on the other hand, was too ecstatic to quickly focus his agile eyes on everything they could see in a single glance. His faster than usual footfall made him feel like the rich soil of the fortunate land, welcoming their little prince back to his own kingdom.

"Is something wrong with you, Vaishu, or did you adopt a new viewpoint after entering Indraprasth?" Dhriti casted a sidelong glance towards her daughter, trailing behind her like her shadow.

"No, Maa. I haven't changed into someone else...unlike Bhrata Shatanik, who forgot about you the moment he stepped on this ground." Vaishnavi responded with a witty remark and a half-smile on her gleaming face.

"Oh, just leave him alone. He's a charmer in his own right." Dhriti let out a sweet giggle before coming to a halt and turning to face Vaishnavi.

"Like his father, as you would've said?" Vaishnavi swiftly pointed out, pausing to see how her mother's cheeky smile had transformed into a contemplative expression.

Dhriti's self awareness was fast enough to tick in as she shook her head with brows now lightly lifting up her forehead, "Why are you hiding behind me then?"

"Since....I believed I should be with you because you seemed a little low." Vaishnavi responded, attempting to push back some dishelved hair from Dhriti's brow, which had been blown back by the wind.

"I'm good, I'm good. What made you think that? Don't hold back, and just to let you know, Indraprasth is as beautiful as Dwarka and I don't think you would want to skip adoring every part of it." Dhriti stood upright, with a chukle, encouraging her child to claw out of her apprehensive aura.

"Alright Okay, both of you, stop paltering now." Finally, Kanha made the decision to intervene. Neither of his girls had impressed him with the argument they had just offered.

"I wasn't lying -"

Kanha's comment had magically transformed a frightened Vaishnavi into a domineering one, and she was ready to inform him she wasn't lying with her hands on her hips.
A momentous try by Kanha to help Vaishnavi adapt, and by the proud gaze his eyes cast on his daughter, it was safe to say that he succeeded.

"Are you going to meet your Bua, Vaishu, or do I have to teach you how to be Bua's absolute favourite?" Vaishnavi gave up having a quiz game with her father since Shatanik's fresh statement seemed more amusing to her attentive ears.