Getting Together

"When Shishupal was born to Bua Shrutashrav, he was abnormal for having 4 arms and 3 eyes

"When Shishupal was born to Bua Shrutashrav, he was abnormal for having 4 arms and 3 eyes. Considered to be a monster, his parents immediately decided to abandon him but...." Kanha stopped narrating as he smiled over at Dhriti's hands playing with the ends of his Angawastra.

"Why did you stop? What happened next?" She said as she continued twirling the Angawastra.

"Just checking if you were already asleep." Kanha laughed as he saw her innocently playing with the end of his red piece of cloth with delicate golden designs.

"But, an Akashavani stopped them from doing so. It said, that Shishupal's destiny has something diffrent in store for him. All his extra body parts will vanish once the right person will take him in his hands, and thereafter that person would be the reason for Shishupal's death." Kanha continued.

"Now, I can't challenge Brahma dev and what he had in store for Shishupal. When Shishupal and Bua came to visit Dwarka, the unexpected happened. After placing Shishupal in my hands, his extra body parts disappeared." Kanha narrated.

"Priyaaaa...." He called out.

"I'm listening Kanha. I shouldn't have told you about my habit of sleeping." She giggled, her hands continuing the fidgeting.

"Ha then, Bua took me in a corner and told me the truth about Shishupal's peculiarity and how I am going to be the reason for his death.
As a mother she was heartbroken. And as the older cousin, I felt guilty for unknowingly being the end of his fate. Then, coming on terms, she made me promise that I would forgive Shishupal's 100 sins before ending him. And that's the reason I didn't come to save you, because if I would have seen the sight of Shishupal torturing you, I would've never kept my promise. Instead I would have ended him then and there. " Kanha finished as he thought Dhriti might be asleep by now. But to his surprise, she was all awake, contently listening to what her Kanha was speaking.

"100 wrong deeds? That's too much." Dhriti shot up.

"I know, but I had to understand a mother's heart that time. Anyways, I'm hungry and the dasis and cooks don't even let me enter the rasoighar. " Kanha sighed as it was now Dhriti's turn to laugh.

"Makhanchor, stay here, I'll do something." She lightly touched his cheek as she moved out towards the kitchen.

Dhriti enters the kitchen as she saw a number of Dasis standing outside.

" Why are all of you still awake? Aren't you all tired. You should take some rest." She said smiling genuinely.

"No Rajkumari, Maharani Kunti has asked us to keep a watch and not let Rajkumar Bheem and Devkinandan Krishn to enter inside." The dasi said.

"Now that's something new" Dhriti laughed as she entered inside.

*At the same time.*

Bheem constantly shook a sleeping Nakul as his numerous tries of having a sound sleep failed.

"I am not going to come on a kitchen-hunt adventure with you Bhrata Bheem." Nakul said without opening his eyes.