The teachings of Devarshi

Dhriti closed her eyes as she sat in dhyaan mudra in front of the idol in Gauri Temple

This had become a part of her routine ever since the talk with Kanha a few weeks ago. The fact that her mind was unknowingly unstable and constantly fluctuating, had pushed her further to mend it and get back on track. And meditating was the only way out, to find peace as well.

"Narayan! Narayan! Pranam Maate." She heard Devarshi's voice, but didn't turn around, thinking he wasn't really there.

"Maate, I'm really here." He smiled as Dhriti opened her eyes turning around as a smile crept her face.

"Devarshi." She got up as he touched her feet.

"Whose message have you brought today?" She smiled.

"I have my own message for you." He smiled back sitting down on the floor.

"You can't revive your complete power if you don't stabilize your mind.
Why do you think you got those visions when you had already decided not to know the future?" Narad reasoned, putting Dhriti in a deep thought.

"Because you never controlled your subconscious, Maate.
You had successfully gained your hold over your superficial mind but what about that subconscious mind who knows everything?" He continued as Dhriti kept listening.

"Are you telling me to leave aside all my human like emotions?" She asked in agitation.

"At some point, I would answer this as a yes." He nodded.

"What....." She mumbled.

"Yes Maate you need to, at some point, although not now." Narad spoke as she shook her head.

"Keeping aside all my emotions towards everyone includes my family as well. I-I can't do that Munivar. Don't suggest me unbelievable things." She took a deep breath.

"This isn't going to be something unbelievable once you look back at this conversation after a few years." Narad smiled.

"You will keep finding this hard until you have the fear and constant worry about everyone in your heart.
When Shishupal wrongly behaved with you, you had the power to slaughter him. But you didn't. Because you were afraid that one wrong step in anger can reveal your identity.
And Maate, that's what we call destiny." Narad spoke.

"Maate, you yourself declared, that your birth on earth by the hands of Pitashree would sow the seeds of war against Adharma.
You told Prabhu, that this time you would be the one fighting and not him. Then tell me, how will you do that if your own visions and thoughts are making you weak?
The world is already aware of Mahalakshmi's motherly love and compassionate nature.
Now's the time to show your spiritual power, Maate.
The entire Trilok is waiting to see, how strong you are." Narad reminded her.

"Devarshi, you've done a great job in telling these little aspects to me.
But--" Dhriti spoke with tears in her eyes.

"But what Maate?" Narad asked, not wanting her to release those tears.