Past Wishes

"You don't even look like a normal Brahmin! Who are you?" He asked pulling her close

"Bring back the manners which you left at Chedi, Shishupal. This is not the way you behave with a woman." Dhriti angered.

"A woman like you have no right to call me Shishupal. I'm the Yuvraj. Pay me my respects." He said slamming her against a tree as scratches and blood appeared on her wrists and fingers.

Everyone stood there around their huts, either bound to a promise or to ensure their saftey.

"Bhratashree! Do something. None of us can go out. She can't be left alone. She does not even have her weapons!" Sahadev said as Draupadi shot up.

"None of you can go. But I can! I'll go find her." Draupadi said keeping aside her her garland.

"But Panchali, you don't even know how Dhriti looks!" Arjun reasoned.

"She has a Peacock Feathered necklace around her neck." Kanha said in a worry as Draupadi nodded.

Dhriti tried her best as she put all her strength to free herself from his mighty grip.

"Shishupal! What have I done to you? Why are you torturing me!" She shouted on the top of her lungs.

"What have you done! You had insulted me in the sabha by laughing when I was not able to lift up the bow. And now you're doing the same, once again by calling me Shishupal."  She whined.

"I DID NOT LAUGH AT YOU. THERE WERE SO MANY THINGS TO LOOK AT IN THE SABHA OTHER THAN SMILING AT 'YOU' ." She shouted back as her voice was suppressed with blood running down her arms due to Shishupal's heavy rings.

"And secondly, you lost the respect when you decided to insult a woman and physically hurt her." She said, her voice getting lower.

Draupadi walked through the forest as she realized she was adoring the beauty of none other than Dhriti herself. The thought of her Sakha mentioning that she has a Peacock Feathered necklace made her smile a bit as she quickly zoned in, calling Dhriti's name, but no response.

"Keshav! Why didn't you go?" Arjun asked keeping a hand upon a much quieter Kanha.

"Parth, I am bound to a huge promise. And I don't want Priya to be dependent on someone to save her. This strength will help her in the future." Kanha mumbled as both of them saw scars and scratches appearing on Kanha's arms and fingers as he felt the pain.

"No! Bhaiya, tell me nothing is happening to my Didi." Nakul said looking at his hands.

"It is Nakul. It is." Arjun said as his eyes filled with tears.

"Kanha! By now, all these scars would have appeared on your hands as well. Where are you Kanha, help me!" Dhriti thought as finally managed to kick Shishupal out of her grip making him fall down as his crown got separated from his head.