Portent Miracles

Dhriti took a deep breath as she turned around to glance at her mother who was quietly holding both, her breath and her tears back as she fixed her affectionate eyes on her daughter.

"Sindhu...." Soft tears ran down her face as she smiled through them, gently holding her daughter's hands.

"A miracle is a shift in perception. From fears to strength and independence.

I've never seen a lady soo graceful, yet soo viragous like you. You have to preserve this qurencial persona, Sindhu and for that......" Tirangini stopped midway, as their gazes fell upons Dhriti's injured palms, slowly healing.

"All great saints can do miracles just with their organon but its only a mother, whose wonders require no relevations." Tirangini beamed with a stalwart smile.

"You were saying something else." Dhriti wiggled her brows.

"To preserve this qurencial persona of yours, you don't have to be the same Dhriti who was so dejected from inside that she gave up to be united with these waves.
You have to be that vast shore, whose course stays unaffected with the hard hitting waves yet nurtures the beauty of flora within." Samudra Dev patted her head.

"Sindhu, you have a huge influence on Vaishnavi. Don't let mere boulders stumble you midway. You're a great mother, now its time to become a mentor." Tirangini reminded, looking at Dhriti's parted lips and furrowed brows in confusion.

"What? Vaishu is old enough to string her own bow and hang a small sword along her waist like her mother!" Tirangini laughed.

For a moment Dhriti stood staring at nothing in particular as reality kept stricking her before she laughed at her silliness.

"Samudra Lok has become a different enchantment now." She nodded taking a final look at the place and people she adored ineffably.

"Well...." She turned around with her usual cheeky smile, facing her parents.
"Not the best at saying goodbyes, but its time for embracing my responsibilities." She cleared her throat, slowly touching their feet.

"Vijayi Bhava." They two cosmic deities blessed, much to Dhriti's confusion which she pushed in the back of her mind.

"Promise me you won't forgive you your brothers and their wife with just a small smile. This sounds risible, but I'm a mother after all. I can't see someone not even repenting their barmy acts after putting their own sister through so much, and I'm not talking about this one time." Devi Tirangini pulled her aside.

"Maa....
Guru Drona used to say, avenging converts a little right into a great wrong." Dhriti knowingly frowned.

"Wasn't he the one who sent Pandu Putras for a war against Panchal Naresh just to avenge his insult?" Tirangini raised her brow, knowing that she wasn't wrong at all.

Dhriti sighed from the other end.
The question was seemingly invincible

"Sindhu.... I won't ever place you on a path which doesn't start and end its course with valor and righteousness.

I just want your brothers to realize that staying silent is an embodiment of Adharm.
I'm sure they will realize it before everything runs out of their hands." Tirangini mumbled her last sentence as Dhriti gave a last assuring nod before she closed her deep set eyes, finally departing.