The Clash of two Shaktis

The atmosphere in Dwarka was not at its best and no one except Kanha knew why.
Mainly because Dhriti was quiet. Quiet because fate had decided to keep her on the edge of everything.
From Nakul and Karenumati, Dwarka's relations with Shishupal to Panchali's feelings and Gauri's erratic behavior.
Every single thought was eating her.
She quietly stood at the balcony, looking at the sky slowly turning into a darker shade from its setting orange hues. One hand kept over her belly, partly feeling guilty for not giving the little one enough time that it deserves, while the other hand's finger swifty fidgeting with the flower decorated railings.

Kanha observed her from a distance. Blaming himself for agreeing to Lakshmi's promise back at Vaikunth. She indeed is strong. She's his Shakti, the Mul Prakriti but putting her through this all so suddenly was what he felt very wrong.
He took a deep breath before walking towards her.

"Priya....." He quielty called, putting a hand on her as she flinched turing around.

"Why did she took her Mahakali avatar?" She straight away asked, her watery eyes piercing into Kanha's sight.

"What?" Kanha pretended looking away.

"Look here Kanha, I know you know each detail about this." She gently held his arms.

"Its better when we find the answers ourselves, isn't it?" Kanha kept a straight face as Dhriti stared him.

"I should go then." She blinked, as she walked towards the exit of their chambers.

"Take your sword!" Kanha called.

"My Gauri won't hurt me." She replied finally getting out of his sight.

"Gauri won't, but Mahakali can....." Kanha closed his eyes in yog nidra, slowly holding a lotus in his hand, symbolizing Priya near him.

Dhriti kept walking away from the palace, away from the forest and away from the sea shore. The Gauri Temple was empty, not only due to the absence of her devotees at this odd time at midnight but also due to the sudden vanished spirituality.

On the other hand,
deep inside the greener forest of Dwarka,
where bloomed almost all kinds of flowers,
where the plants bore all kinds of fruits and whose huge trees provided shade enough to calm down the human soul,
Appeared the rudravtar of Mahakali.

Her hand carrying variously a sword, a Trishul, a severed head and a bowl catching the blood of the severed head. Her eyes, red with intoxication and absolute rage.
Messed up hair and protruding tongue enough for anyone to lose their life in fear of facing her.
She had a garland of the skulls of demons she had slaughtered, worn around her neck as her eyes searched for the one, whose dead child was what Madana wished for.

Dhriti had sensed her presence. She knew she had to face her. She was ready to pacify her back to the Gauri she knew.
What she didn't knew was the reason for her Mahakali avatar at this point. She wasn't even close to draw any assumption as to why her Sakhi had to take up this fierce form.

The unknown force of this universe kept bringing these two Shaktis near each other.
Kanha had put himself into yog nidra while Mahadev had immersed himself in tap back at Kailash.

Narad presented himself at Brahmalok in front of Brahma Dev and Devi Saraswati. His fear was in front of his eyes. Few more steps and Dhriti and Mahakali would face each other.
The Trilok Sanchari had absolutely no knowledge about the current situation. He was as helpless as a new born baby, trying to fit in this huge world.

Dhriti payals mildly ringed in the eeire silence. She and Mahakali stood facing each other. The latter's chest rapidly rising and falling while the former one stood calm, not really knowing what she was about to do.