Thirty seven

SPENCER
Toby said that he was close to finding Aria and Hanna. He had a coordinates, but not a full location. Ezra had barely slept, Jason comforting him even though he didn't like Ezra. As we waited in my kitchen, a knock on the door scared us.

"Hey Olivia, can you peek through the window and see who it is?" Ezra asked as I made more coffee. I watched as Olivia ran off, only to come back a little frightened.

"Livy? Who is it?" Emily asked.

"Aunty Spencer...do you have a twin?" Olivia asked me, confusing me.

"No..." I spoke as I walked to the front door, opening it to reveal a woman who looked exactly like me.

"Hello. Are you Spencer Hastings?" The woman asked, her British accent stronger than Wren's.

"Y-Yeah. Who are you?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"Sorry. I'm Alex...Alex Drake." The woman smiled.

"As in Mary Drake?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes." Her smiled dropped slightly.

"Come in." I spoke, standing to the side, letting her in.

As we walked into the kitchen, I could hear the gasps as everyone looked at Alex in shock and disbelief.

"Everyone, this is Alex, Alex Drake." I introduced the woman.

She shook hands with my friends, putting her bag on the couch.

"Are you and Spencer...twins?" Ezra asked.

"It seems like it. Yeah. My friend Charlotte told me all about Spencer. I wanted to come and see her in person." Alex smiled at me.

"Wait...if you're Spencer's twin...and your mother is Mary Drake...that makes you and Spencer sisters." Alison connected the dots.

"Mary is our mother..." Alex hugged me.

"No. That's impossible. My mother is Veronica Hastings, who is currently on a trip with my father." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Spence...Alex is your twin and her mother is Mary Drake. That makes Mary your mother." Emily held my hand.

As I looked at them in shock, Toby walked in.

"We have a location..." He said, sounding relieved. We all raced to the station, Ezra getting their First.

"So where are they?" Caleb asked.

"At the Kahn's cabin." He showed us the map.

"The cabin?!" Emily was shocked.

"We have 5 officers heading down there now. We should have them within the next couple of hours." Toby said as we all looked slightly relieved. We headed home, Alex sleeping in my room while I slept downstairs.

"How does it feel to have a twin?" Emily asked as I laid down.

"It's weird." I said, my eyes becoming heavy.

"Rest Spencer." Emily said before I fell asleep.

ALEX
I couldn't hear any movement from downstairs. The others must have left. I knew that Ezra would've stayed with Spencer, so I needed to act quickly. I luckily brought some clothes that my mother could change Spencer into.

Me: No-one is here. Spencer and Ezra are sleeping. They won't wake up any time soon.

Mary: Don't hurt her. I'm here.

I watched as my mother entered the house, quickly helping me change Spencer before I styled my hair like hers and put her clothes on. We got Spencer and Ezra to the car, Mary leaving me to my plan. I wrote a note as myself, putting it on Spencer's bed, heading downstairs to lay down in her position.
———
I woke up to the feeling of Emily tapping me.

"Spencer, Aria and Hanna are here." She spoke as I sat up the sun blaring in my eyes.

"Aria! Hanna!" I hugged them. My American accent was on point.

"Are you guys ok?!" I asked, acting concerned.

"Y-Yeah. We're fine." Hanna spoke, smiling.

"Where's Alex?" Emily asked. I looked upstairs before going up the stairs. Pretending to be Spencer and fooling her friends was easier than I thought. I picked up the note I wrote hours prior and took it downstairs.

"Em..." I spoke, smiling on the inside.

Spencer,
I need to find another place to stay. I could see that you are still trying to cope with the fact that I'm your sister, so I'll be staying close in town for a while.
-Alex

I handed the note to Emily who looked at it surprised. Hanna and Aria looked at me in shock and confusion though.