Three

ARIA
While on my coffee 'date' with Jason, I saw Mr Fitz.

"I'll be back in a sec Jason. I just have to talk to Mr Fitz." I said, getting out of my seat.

I walked over to Ezra, getting his attention before we moved out of the walk way to talk.

"You need to leave Ezra." I said, not sugar coating my intentions.

"Yeah. I understand you need your space." Ezra said, slightly bummed.

"No, I don't think that you understand." I said, getting upset.

"I do. I spoke with Hackett yesterday and I'm taking a leave of absence." Ezra explained, which made me want to drag him down to the police station myself instead of filing a police report.

"No, Ezra. You need to leave town. For good." I said, getting to the point. Hopefully he would understand.

"Aria, we can work through this." Ezra said, attempting to hold my hand.

"I don't want to work through this. I don't want to run into you at the grocery or every time I grab coffee with my friends. I don't want to see you. I don't want to hear from you." I said, before turning around, stopping him from holding my hand.

"This is a copy of my manuscript." He spoke, stopping me. I turned around and shook my head.

"Thanks...but I think that I'll wait 'til it's in the clearance bin." I said, sarcastically.

"I really think you should read it. I've found some stuff out that could really help you..." Ezra said, putting the manuscript in my hands. I took it, holding it in my hand as I walked away. I left him standing there. I walked back over to Jason.

"Hey Aria? Can we head back to my place? I have some English homework and I've heard from your friends that you're doing really well..." Jason asked. I nodded. We grabbed our coffee's and made our way back to his place.

After helping Jason with his homework, I headed home, hoping that Ezra got my message.
———
(THE NEXT DAY)
I woke up feeling like crap. I barely got any sleep last night due to my stupid brain not going to sleep. I got up anyway, getting messages from my friends.

Spencer: You're not gonna be happy today.

Emily: It's that one day every year where people from different colleges come and try and convince you to attend.

Hanna: Mr Fitz is helping out with Hollis college since he worked there for like a year.

Damn it. Why did Mr Fitz have to help out with Hollis. Oh wait...he's trying to get more time with me. The next text was a little better.

Jason: It's the college fair...thing today and my mom says I have to go. How about we meet up at lunch before the "event" actually starts?

Me: Sounds good Jason. See you there.

I got dressed and headed downstairs.

"I see you've been hanging out with Jason DiLaurentis..." My mom said, cutting some vegetables for dinner later tonight.

"Yeah. We've gotten really close." I said, smiling. I made my way to school. I got there and saw my friends. They had obviously been in a heated conversation but I interrupted them.

"Hey guys...what's going on?" I asked, confused.

"Not here...not now." Emily said, defusing the situation.

The day went by somewhat slowly, but lunch time came around and I met up with Jason.

"Shall we get this crap-show over and done with?" Jason asked, earning a laugh from me. We walked around the fair looking at different colleges, but Jason and I split when he found a college he was interested in. I walked over (stupidly) to the Hollis table, being greeted by Ezra.

"Ms. Montgomery! Have you considered Hollis College? They have a wonderful arts program, and I think you'll find the teachers are very hands-on, and-" Before he could finish, I walked off, already wishing I was away from this stupid fair.

"Aria." Ezra said, walking off after me as I walked out to the courtyard.

"Leave me alone Ezra. Remember what I said! I don't want to work through this. I don't want to run into you at the grocery or every time I grab coffee with my friends. I don't want to see you. I don't want to hear from you! You need to leave town. For good." I said, recapping our previous conversation outside The Brew. I was literally on the brink of tears.

Someone must have heard us since Jason walked over to us, clearly seeing that I was upset.

"Mr Fitz. I don't think it would be wise to corner a student in a courtyard where people could be watching..." Jason said, walking up to us. He intertwined my fingers with his, smiling at me. He had a plan.

"Mr DiLaurentis. I don't think it is wise to interrupt a personal conversation between two people." Mr Fitz said, retaliating.

"If you'll excuse us, my girlfriend and I need to go and look at some more suitable colleges." Jason spoke, saving me from the uncomfortable and clearly annoying situation.

"Thank you so much Jason..." I said, unlocking my fingers from his as we were out of sight.

"You're welcome. That's what friends do." He replied, smiling.

We continued looking into different colleges, avoiding Ezra at all times.