Eight

JASON
It hadn't even been 24 hours and Aria was dealing with the aftermath of the two bombs dropped in her life. I had stayed with her, sitting at her desk, reading the manuscript. I couldn't believe what Ezra had found out about Ali's disappearance and death. I also found it difficult to think that Ezra never helped Aria with -A even though he claimed he loved her.

As I read the manuscript, I got sidetracked. I saw a pink letter sticking out from underneath some of the books scattered across her desk. I picked it up, seeing that my name was written in bold letters.

JASON

I opened it up.

Dear Jason,
I honestly don't know why I'm writing this since you'll probably never read it.

You were very wrong, past Aria. The date showed that this was written the day we met for the first time ever.

We met for the first time today. Alison introduced us, seeing as your mom forced her to. We shook hands and smiled at each other.

I remembered that day. Aria had her signature pink hair.

To be honest, when our hands touched, I felt a spark that I had never felt before. I concealed it, not taking too much notice of it.

I felt the same spark too Aria. I smiled at the letter.

Alison would kill me if she ever saw this letter. I should probably burn it...although in 10 years I could stumble upon it and remember the simpler days...they days when it was just Alison, Spencer and I.

Those were good days. I made sure to watch out just in case Aria woke up.

You hung out with us until you met Eric Kahn. He turned you into something I didn't recognise.

I never knew why I trusted Eric. He destroyed me. I was nearly at the end of the letter.

I better stop writing before someone catches me.
Goodbye Jason.

I folded the letter back up and put it in it's place. I began to continue reading the manuscript, seeing as I was 1/3 of the way. As I continued to read, the doorbell rang. Getting up, I walked downstairs. I opened the door to see 2 police officers.

"Hello Mr DiLaurentis. Is Aria Montgomery home?" A woman asked.

"Yes. I'll go get her." I said. Getting up the stairs, I woke Aria up, letting her get ready before coming downstairs.

ARIA
Jason woke me up with a kiss, letting me know that 2 officers were downstairs.

"Hi Aria. I'm Lieutenant Tanner and this is my associate, Detective Holbrook. We want to ask you a few questions about Ezra Fitz." Lt Tanner spoke, opening her notepad.

Each question she asked me wasn't long, just short questions. She looked at me, while also writing down my responses.

"Final question, did Ezra Fitz ever show you this book he was writing? Have you ever seen this book in person?" Detective Holbrook asked, waiting for my answer.

I looked over at Jason, him telling me to lie through his eyes.

"Yes. Ez-Mr Fitz showed me the book. He gave me a copy of the book. " I said. I went upstairs and grabbed it, eventually getting back downstairs to give it to them.

"Ok. If we have any more questions, we'll call you." Lt Tanner spoke, leaving with Detective Holbrook.

As they left, I got a text from my mom.

Mom: I'm sorry honey...but your father and I are getting a divorce.

Me: O-Ok...

I cried into Jason's arms as he saw me respond to the text.