Twelve

ARIA
It's been just under 4 weeks since Mona accused Alison of attacking her.

I sat on the couch, Jason's hand on my thigh as we looked at what was in my hands. By this point, we had been dating for just over a few weeks.

"J-Jason...I'm so sorry..." I said, my eyes threatening to spill.

"Don't worry babe...it's my fault just as much as yours..." He said, comforting me.

In my hands rested a test. A test that had just changed my life forever. I was a junior in high school and Jason was a senior, finishing up his last year.

"H-How are we gonna deal with this? -A still hasn't been identified, my parents will freak, I'm pretty sure Spencer, Hanna and Emily are not gonna be happy and overall, your sister will probably abandon me...and I have school!" I said, freaking out.

"Let's hope that -A doesn't find out for a while. Your parents won't freak out, knowing that I'm the father and not Mr Fitz-" I gave Jason a weird look.

"-Your friends will have to deal with it and Alison has to as well. Besides, school can be dealt with when it becomes an issue." Jason spoke, smiling as he put his hand on my belly.

"Knowing -A, they already have a special gift waiting for me..." I said, still freaking out.

"We won't know for sure until -A makes a move and reveals what they know. Let's just assume now that -A is unaware of the baby growing inside of you..." Jason said as he placed me on his lap, beginning to passionately kiss me. I pulled away, immediately feeling sick. Running upstairs to the bathroom, Jason followed me, lifting up my hair as he rubbed my back and placed kisses on my neck.

"Are you parents home?" Jason asked, helping me get changed into something more comfortable.

"No. Mom's with dad in Syracuse and Mike's over at his friends for the week." I said, feeling more nauseous. Jason stood besides me, making sure I didn't fall over or faint.

"H-How can we do this?" I asked, starting to cry. Jason was about to answer my question, but I got a call.

"It's Mona." I said, sitting up straight on the couch. Jason gave me a confused look.

Me: Hello?

I was confused as to why Mona was calling me.

Mona: Alison lured Bethany to Rosewood.

Mona immediately spoke, trying her best not to sound scared.

Me: What? Why?

Mona had just confused me even more.

Mona: She knew about the affair. Alison set her up. She was jealous and she wanted Bethany dead. Aria, Alison is "A" and now I can prove it.

Mona hung up, leaving me to grab my stuff.

"Grab your coat." I said, picking up my jacket.

"Where are we going?" Jason asked, confused.

"To Mona's. She found proof. Ali's 'A'." I spoke, opening the front door. Jason followed me, not being able to believe what I had just said.

Me: SOS! Meet me at Mona's place now!

We rushed to Mona's place, meeting up with the girls.

"Mona?!" Hanna yelled as we entered Mona's house.

"What the hell?" I asked, looking at the destroyed living room.

"Oh, my God." Emily spoke as we saw blood splatters on the floor.

"Mona!" Hanna yelled, running up the stairs to Mona's room, followed by Emily.

"Call 911!" Emily spoke behind Hanna.

"Oh, my God! Hurry!" Emily spoke again, finally reaching the top of the stairs.

"AHHHHH"

A deafening scream enveloped the entire house.
———
Within minutes, the cops had swarmed the house, reporters trying their best to get the scoop.

"The investigation is ongoing, but we have ruled this a homicide. Although we did not find a body, the amount of blood in the house would indicate that the victim's wounds were fatal. Mona Vanderwaal was murdered." Detective Holbrook announced to the press.

"No. No! No!" Mona's mother screamed in pain and sorrow as she looked on at her house that was taped off by yellow police tape.

Paige held Emily, Caleb held Hanna, and Alison stood next to one of the black vans, not showing any signs of remorse. Lucas stood behind Emily and Paige, clearly upset by the tragedy. I was being held by Jason, his hand on secretly on my stomach, trying to keep me and the baby calm.
———
A week had passed since Mona was brutally murdered. We all suspected that Alison was the culprit and we didn't have to say anything since -A did that for us. Alison had been trying to convince us that she didn't murder Mona...but we didn't believe her. I was now 3 weeks pregnant, having confirmed the pregnancy the day after Mona was murdered. Jason and I were now trying to secretly sort things out. We were in Spencer's backyard, hearing police sirens blaring in the background.

"Get out of my way. Now!" Alison roared in fear and anger. She looked behind her before attempting to escape.

"You killed Mona, Ali. We're not letting you get away." Hanna said, harshly.

"'A' set me up. You're letting 'A' win." Alison said, pleading.

"Shut up, Ali." Spencer said, slightly smiling now that Mona's killer was finally going to go to jail.

"Who's going to protect you when I'm gone? If you do this, you'll all be next. Move! Now!" Alison threatened.

"Hands above your head." Lt Tanner spoke as the flashlights being held was being focused at us. Alison complied and put her hands on her head.

"Ladies, move." Lt Tanner spoke again, waiting. We all moved away, letting Tanner walk up to Alison.

"Turn around slowly." Lt Tanner said, getting the handcuffs ready.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Ali threatened again, doing what Lt Tanner said.

"Alison DiLaurentis, you are under arrest for the murder of Mona Vanderwaal. Turn around." Lt Tanner finally said, roughly turning Alison around. We watched as Ali was then taken away by the police.