Chapter 14

As we walk through the corridors we pass many elf's who give me strange looks.

"Why are they looking at you like that" Fianna asks.

"Like I told you years ago, I was in a romantic relationship with Fen and it did not end" I say as we reach the stables and walk over to our horses.

"What do you mean" she asks me as she passes me my sword that an Elf had just given her.

"I was sent here to help build a peace treaty with Fen and the King, this took a couple of months and during this time Fen and I got close and when I had to leave he became enraged and demanded I stay and we marry. I refused and he did not like this so he tried to have me killed" I say and lead them out of the stables and onto the main road.

"That seems a bit extreme" she says behind me.

"Well he wasn't well back then, and he was vulnerable with me and didn't want me to tell anyone his secrets. I never have and I never will." I say, he was such a different person back then it's nice to see how much he has changed. Fianna and I continue to ride in silence until we ride out of the woods and onto the main road.

"So where to now" she asks.

"Well the dwarfs are closer, so let's go there next, it will be a day's ride to get to them so we should find a safe place to stay for the night" I say.

"I know of a village not too far away that we could stay at" Fianna says.

"let's do it" I say, and Fianna then begins to show me the way to the village.

After riding for a couple of hours the sun has now set and we have arrived at the village Fianna mentioned, she leads us through the village to an inn, she stables our horses and then we book a room. After settling into the rooms we decide to go down to the pub and order some food and drinks.

"Welcome what can I get you" an older woman says.

"Can we get the homemade stew and 2 pints please' Fianna says to the women, she nods and walks away.

"Homemade stew, really" I say with a smirk on my face.

"Trust me it's delicious" she says as the women brings us our drinks and the stew. I look down at it and it look disgusting, I take a sip of the stew and my mouth waters.

"I haven't had anything as delicious as this for a long time, thank you" I say to the women, she blushes and walks over to serve a group of men that just walked in.

Fianna and I continue to eat and drink for a while until the group of men that the women served becomes aggressive to a man in the corner, I don't know what happened but they keep calling him scum and a monster. I motion for the women to come over.

"Who is that and why are they treating him like that" I ask.

"He is a bounty hunter, can find anyone anywhere. He is also one of the best fighters in the land, his one of the Trill" she says not taking her eyes of them, my eyes go wide and my mouth opens wide.

"I thought all the Trill died out years ago" I say

"Who are the Trill" Fianna asks.

"They were a group of warriors created by a rouge wizard and witch, made for war, they have no humanity and are almost impossible to defeat" I say, the women then excuses herself and leave us.

"Have you fought them before" Fianna asks.

"Something like that" I say.

The group of me have now escalated the situation and have begun to throw their empty cups at the man. I look at him, I can't see his face but I know that he is getting agitated, out of nowhere he swings around and kicks one of the men so hard he flies out of pub, his friends follow him out and so does the man, I can slightly see him reach for his weapon, I don't even think and go to stand a reach for mine.

"Ava no we have to keep a low profile" Fianna says and reaches for my arm.

"If I don't stop him he will kill all of them, yes they are dicks but they are drunk" I say and she lets go of my arms and I run out to see the other men have hold of their swords and are ready for a fight.

"Okay everyone calm down" I say going to stand in between them.

"Go back inside love, I'll be in in a minute after I kill this monster" the man that was kicked out of the pub says, the man behind me then takes a step forward but I put up my hand to stop him.

"How about you all go back home before you get yourself killed, you know who he is and what he can do, don't be an idiot and think you can kill him" I say, the group of men start to talk between themselves.

"Fine but this is not over" he says, and they all walk away. I turn around to face the other man.

'Why did you do that" he says.

"I use to have a friend who was a Trill and I know what he could do to someone, those men where drunk dicks but did not deserve to die for it" I say and begin to walk back to the pub.

"Trill are not friends with humans" he says, I turn to face him, and he slowly turns around to face me.

"Not with that attitude you can't be" I say with a small smile and walk back into the pub and sit down with Fianna and finish our drinks, the man does not come back into the pub.

"So tell me about this fight you had with a Trill" Fianna says and I laugh.

"One day I was invited to a lord's ball, I didn't want to go because this lord was an ass, but the kings told me to go. On the way there my men and I were ambushed by a male Trill. All my men were killed and it was just me and him left, we fought for a long time until we were both so exhausted that we could barely stand, we both fell to the ground out of exhaustion, I asked him what he wanted and he thought I was the Queen, he told me the King and Queen killed his family because they would not fight for him. After a while we bonded and became friends, he was there for me and I was there for him over the years, he was the first man I fell for, we had planned to run away and live together but then the king promoted me, that was all I wanted in life and when I told him I couldn't leave he got angry and attached a nearby village, the king sent me to kill him, because he was so angry he didn't notice me behind him, tried to talk to him but he didn't listen then next thing I know I see him about to attack a young man before he can do anything I pierced my sword through him and he died in my arms" I say finishing of my drink.

"Ava I'm so sorry, didn't know" she says ans reaches to rest her hand on mine.

"It's fine, lets go to bed we have to be up early tomorrow" I say and then walk up to our room, Fianna following behind me.

I then lay down in bed and try to got to sleep but I struggle, its been so long since I thought of him that I start to feel bad, I miss him he was kind and strong, I don't think I will ever have that kind of love in my life again and part of me is okay with that.