Chapter 15

I wake up as the sun starts to come through the drape covering the window, I sit up in my bed and look over at Fianna who is still fast asleep in her bed, I reach for my pillow and throw it at her, she then wakes up and curse at me, I laugh and move over to the window and see the village is awake. We pack up our things and leave the inn and put out things back on our horses, as we leave the village Fianna turns to me.

"So where do we find them, no one has seen a Dwarfs for years, there starting to turn into myths" she says and I laugh.

"If they heard that you said that they would turn you into their stew. Last time I heard from them they were living under the a mountain near a village called Barr" I say.

"That's right on the ocean, I have never seen the ocean" she says, I look over to see a giant smile on her face.

We ride for a while longer and chat about different things, including the world I came from.

"So cars are things with four wheels that help you get to a place faster and you don't need a horse" she asks, I chuckle.

"Yeah something like that" I say.

"That sounds like dark magic" she mumbles causing me to break out into laughter. We ride up to a hill and from the top of it we can see the ocean and a small costal village.

"Let's get some supply's before we see the Dwarfs" I say and we make our way to the coastal village.

We purchase some bread and fruit, as Fianna buys some more food I look around the village and see that the towns people all look gloomy, Fianna comes over to me and notices as well.

"What's wrong with them" she asks.

"I don't know" I say and make my way over to an older woman who is fixing a fishing net.

"Excuse me I was wondering what happened to this village, last time I was here it was the water dragon festival, and everyone was so lively" I say.

"The water dragon is nothing but a myth, if she was real she would protect our fishermen" she says not looking up at me, Fianna becomes angry and moves to say something but I motion for he to stay silent.

"What do you mean protect your fishermen" I ask, the women looks up at me confused.

"Everyone knows that there is a creature in the water that sinks ships" she says and goes back to fixing her net, we leave and walk back over to our horses.

"I don't understand the water dragon should be protecting them" she says and go to sit up on her horse.

"She may be too weak to help them" I say and also go to sit on my horse.

The rest of the way we ride in silence, I can't believe they have abandoned them like this, this is why we need to fight for them to put the world back in order so they can help them.

"Is that it" Fianna asks and points to a carved door on a rocky cliff edge.

"Yes, lets tie up the horse here, we will have to climb down to reach the cave.

We tie up the horse and begin to climb down to the carved door with our supplies on our backs. As we reach the bottom the ground begins to shake, the doors open, and smoke emerges from them along with two figures which appear to be dwarfs.

"Dam fool, I told them not to use the boom sticks" the one on the right says to the other.

"You can't tell them anything" the one on the left says, they continue to bicker while Fianna and I stand a few feet away from them, they haven't realized we are there and Fianna and I exchange a look before I take a step forward.

"Excuse me" I say, the dwarfs jump and cures in dwarfish.

"Dam Las don't you know not to sneak up on a dwarf, its bad luck" the one on the right says.

"You know that's a myth" the one left says.

"No my Ma told me that when someone scared her they had bad luck for a year" the one on the right says and turns to the one on the left.

"Your Ma's a crazy Tikund" the one on the left says in dwarfish, they then begin to squabble, I look over to Fianna and she rolls her eyes.

"Excuse me" I say again louder, they then look at us up and down.

"What do you want, no humans aloud" the one on the left says.

"My name is Ava and I would like to talk to the King' I say, they look at each other and then break out into laughter.

"No one sees the King, especially little girls" he says looking me up and down again.

"You little, do have any idea who this is, this is Ava she is the chosen dragon warrior and saved your lives more than once if the stories are true" Fianna says taking a step towards them, I take a step forward and place a hand on her arm motioning for her to stop.

The dwarfs look up at us and then back at each other, they then motion for us to follow them into the cave. We walk through the cave and all the dwarfs look at us with shock and curiosity. We walk up to the Kings quarters and see a female dwarf exit the room.

"Your highness they would like to speak to the King" one of the dwarfs say.

"No one sees the King" she says.

"Your highness? Are you Queen Thrana" I say, she looks up at me.

"Yes and you are" she asks

"I'm a friend of the King, my names Ava" I say, realisation comes across her face, she then motions for me to follow her into the kings chambers.

"There coming my love we need to get them ready" the King says pacing around the room, I look over at the Queen and see her move to place him back into bed.

"My love look who came to see you" she says and motions over to me.

"Ava you're here good we need to plan their coming for us" he says, I move over to sit next to his bed and place my hand on his hand.

"Yes I'm here Therian, I will get everyone ready, you need to rest" I say and watch as he nods and closes his eyes and falls asleep.

"What happened" I ask and look over at the queen.

"A few years ago, he began to forget little things but now he fully thinks he is living back when the battle of the dwarfs happened" she says and rest her hand on his head.

"You mean he is reliving the worst thing that has happened to dwarfs over and over again" I say and look back over to him.

"Yes, now what did you want" she asks, I take a breath in and begin to tell her the current issue and my plan.