Chapter 23

"Ava what the hell are you doing" Alice yells at me, I don't respond to her I keep looking at Dan who has a small smile on his face, this irritates me, so I pull my sword back and swing my fist in his face, Dan falls to the ground and place my sword on his neck again.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you" I say to him, but he doesn't get a chance to respond as Eldar pulls me away from him and Jace and Tony help him up.

"Ava what happened" he asks, I look up at him then back to Dan.

"He's the rat" I say and point my sword at him, the crowd that has slowly begun gathering around us gasp and the leaders begin to order there people to detain him, however my friends protest and defend him, I sigh and place my sword away and walk over to my friends.

"Listen I can explain but first he needs to be put into restraints" I say and I motion for two elves nearby to place him in chains, both the elves hold on to him and make sure he can not move.

Eldar motions for everyone to sit, the leader all sit down on chairs and nearby rocks, I stand with Eldar while my friends sit across from us on a fallen tree and Dan and the two elves stand in the middle.

"If we want to make a change then lets start now, let place this man on trial and then let the leaders decided what should be done with him" Eldar says to the crowd, there are some objections but most of the crowd agree.

"Ava, tell us what happened" he says, I take a deep breath and step forward.

"After the Queen and Yen refused my deal he told me that he had someone watching me over the years and he told me that he knew the world I came from and my friends, he then told me that it was Dan" I say looking straight at Dan giving him a deathly look.

"Do you have any other evidence" Eldar says, I think for a moment all I have is the word of Yen and he could be lying to me, I look over at my friends and look at Alice she looks so upset this must be so hard for her seeing her friend and ex fight like this, all of a sudden I realise something and turn to Eldar.

"While I was gone, I was told that he left the village multiple times, he was most likely meeting with Yen" I say.

"Who told you this" Fen asks, I look over at Alice again and she is looking down at the ground but slowly stands.

"I told her, I sore him a number of times leave" she says and then sits down.

Eldar nods then moves to stand in front of Dan.

"Dan, what do you have to say" he says, Dan looks around the crowd then his eyes land on me.

"Yes I left the village, yes I told Yen about your plan and yes I have been keeping an eye on you for the past couple of years" he says, my friends gasp and I take a step towards him hurt by the betrayal but Eldar stops me.

"Leaders of the races what do you suggest we do with him" I say with a grunt. They all begin talking with each other, I don't look at them as I keep my eyes on Dan.

"We have decided that he should be put to death" Fang says, and they stand from their seats. I look up at Eldar and he lets go of me I begin to walk over to him, but my friends get up and walk over to me.

"Ava you can't kill him" Tony says.

"Tony you heard him and what he did, he was never our friend he never loved Alice he did all that to get close to me, if we let him go Gods know what he will tell Yen about us" I say becoming angry.

"But killing him, is that really the only way" Jace asks.

"Yes, you all should leave I don't want you to see this" I say and motion for a group of people to take them away. They all protest but I don't listen I turn to Dan again.