Chapter 16

After I have finished explaining everything to her, she is silent but then turns to look at me.

"We will help, we owe you that Ava, if it wasn't for you we would all be dead" she says.

"Thank you your highness" I say and we exit the room, but before I leave I look back over at the king and see him sleeping peacefully.

"Prepare everyone we are going to war" the Queen says, the dwarfs that brough us in here look puzzled but Fianna looks relieved.

"Your highness?" one of the dwarfs asks.

"Do I need to explain myself to you, no we are going to war with Ava, now prepare everyone" she says, I thank the Queen again and inform her when and where we plan to meet.

Fianna and I exit the cave with the Queen and say goodbye to her and the other dwarfs, we then begin to climb the cliff to get back to the horses, as we reach the top Fianna turns to me.

"Well that was the best one so far" she says.

"Yeah" I say half zoned out.

"Ava what's wrong" she asks.

"The King is I'll, he thinks the battle of the dwarfs is happening now" I say and climb up on to my horse.

"Is that the battle that was the worst battle in the dwarf history, there was a tyrant King dwarf that was going around each dwarf kingdom and killing everyone and taking there gold, and when you found out what he was doing you came to help them fight but many dwarfs died before the tyrant King fell" she says as she gets on top of her horse and we ride.

"Yes that's the one, listen i need a drink lets go back to that costal village and stay the night" I say and Fianna nods and begin to ride back to the village.

As we arrive back to the village we go to one of the ins and book a room.

"Hey I'm going to walk around for a bit I will meet you at the pub" I say to Fianna, she nods and I exit the room, I walk around the village and end up standing on the pier looking out at the sea. All of a sudden, I hear commotion coming from the village, I run over to see two fishermen dead, their bodies are mangled and it is hard to recognise them but their families are crying next to them.

"Someone needs to do something about this" one of the crying family members say. All of the villages then start to complain about the water dragon and the rest of the Gods, I walk over and reach for a sheet from a store next door and place it over the bodies.

"I am so sorry for your loss" I say, and they continue to cry into each other's arms.

I walk over to a group of men and women talking about the creature.

"What exactly is this creature" I ask them.

"It's a sea serpent, usually it comes out at night and attacks anyone on the sea, but has never attached people during the day" they say.

"A sea serpent is a peaceful creature, what happened before it started to attack" I say, the villages look at me confused.

"We don't know, it started out of no wear" they say and I nod and begin to walk over to the pub to meet Fianna.

As I enter the pub, I see Fianna sitting in the corner, she looks up to see me first she similes but then she sees the look on my face.

"Oh, Gods what's wrong" she asks.

"Something doesn't add up, they say that the creature is a sea serpent" I say.

"But they are peaceful creature" she says with a confused look on her face.

"I know, someone ether did something really bad to it or someone is controlling it" I say, I look over at Fianna and see realisation on her face.

"This is one of the villages that the water dragon blessed with her power, and without there prays and yearly sacrifices the water dragon becomes weaker" she says.

"If someone wanted to weaken the water dragon, they would test the villages belief in them with a creature killing there people" I say.

"And when the water dragon didn't come and save them their belief was gone" Fianna says.

"It's Yen it's got to be him, dam it" I say and slam my first on the table.

"We need to stop him Ava" she says.

"I know, we only have a couple of days left before everyone will met and we have one more stop left" I say and take a big swig of my drink.

"And who is that" she asks.

"The rest of the demons and creatures in the forest" I say, Fianna doesn't say anything, and we drink and eat in silence.

After an hour of silence Fianna looks up at me and speaks.

"What's beyond the sea" she asks.

"No one really knows, I have heard that they are savages and evil creatures that are always waging war on each other" I say looking out the window at the stary sky and sea.

"What do you think is out there" she says.

"I think they are like us they have their own problems, but I don't think they are savages. I do hope they are happy and are sort of at piece." I say

"That's nice" she says. After a while longer we decide to go bed, but I decide I need to have another walk around.

This time I walk up the beach and dip my toes in the sea, in the distance I can see the sea serpent, I hear it crying out wanting to be free. I then begin to cry, so many people have been hurt because of this one man wanting power, I make a promise to myself to kill him and make sure no one else has the power to do this to anyone else.