(42) Tomorrow

Your POV

"It's getting late." You remind Namjoon but you didn't budge from your spot on the floor.

He had been dealing with his phone, apart from the time he cooked dinner and the two of you were playing with Chanyeol before he fell asleep on the couch.

You stare at him, his eyes tired from staring at the phone for so long. "Is it- what time is it?"

It was eleven pm.

"Late."

You're quickly on the floor and shuffling to sit next to Namjoon's leg. You close your eyes and lean against it with a soft sigh. "I'm sorry."

He puts his phone down, turning to look at you, almost as if he didn't hear your comment.

Your eyes meet his and before you could react, his big arms are reaching down under yours to pull you up.

Your face becomes red in embarrassment at how easily he pulled you up. "Now," he starts, waiting for you to get comfortable on his lap. "What could you ever be sorry for?"

His hands move from your hips to your hair, playing with it peacefully. You stare down at his clothed chest, a small frown on your lips.

"I overreacted and fought with her. Maybe if I had told you about Sunhee, there wouldn't have been a fight and she wouldn't have angrily done this." You know you were right, you were too violent and overreacted instead of acting like a normal person. "So I'm sorry for causing you such a headache."

Namjoon hums softly and reaches to kiss you. "That's not on you. I am aware that I sure do know how to pick them..." he laughs. "Don't blame yourself for that, okay?"

You wrap your arms around his shoulders, lean in and close your eyes with your face buried in his neck, enjoying the comfort of his warmth. "I'm still sorry. The blame is on me."

"You keep trying to blame yourself for things that are out of your control, Y/N. Sometimes you can just put the blame on someone, especially when it's actually their fault."

You don't know what to say. You don't know how to feel about this situation. "Are you going to have to expose Chanyeol as your son?" He's been on the phone talking about it all day.

"The decision was left up to me. A lot of fans have apparently been speculating and their reaction to Chanyeol seems pretty accepting... and you, well, there are obviously mixed feelings since there are always those weird fans who just think they get to decide what we do with our personal love lives." Love lives. A small smile grows on your lips.

It made sense, heck, you haven't even touched your phone yet due to the fear of seeing the hate from angry fans right now. "Well... What choice did you make after those infinite hours of staring at your phone?" Your hand carefully grabs his, massaging his fingers to keep his hand close.

He hums, indicating he was thinking. "I don't mind telling people about Chanyeol. I've always wanted to but we needed a good public reaction to be allowed to say so."

You nod repeatedly. If people know about Chanyeol, Chanyeol would live a more secluded life from people but Namjoon would also be allowed to make a lot more decisions in the public eye. He understood better about being a target, you assumed he also understood that doing this might risk Chanyeol's future life.  "Obviously, I'm not exposing anything about him, mostly his face since he's bound to have some pictures of him taken in public and his face will probably look nothing like that in the future..."  Yup, he knew what he was doing perfectly.

His hands moved to hold yours, "the information about you... well, that will show how solid you want this- us to be..." his face was now red and he was now embarrassed, this was a 'what are we?' type of situation.