(44) Permanent

A/N: Didn't turn out quite how I wanted it to but I figured that it still held the main components of what I wanted so here it is :).
Namjoon's POV

"Yeah, I'm at the door." On the other side of the phone, Y/N speaks to Namjoon, he could not see her but he could hear the smile on her face. "I'm sorry I took so long, Chanyeol started throwing a tantrum about the ice cream that he spilled and it took me a while to negotiate with him- what's the code?"

He and Y/N had agreed that to make their date a little more interesting, Namjoon would be there first and Y/N would follow whenever she decided fit.

This was also Namjoon's perfect excuse to decorate the penthouse studio with candles all over the place, order takeout, and just put everything he could find from any romantic movie in one place.

"Oh yeah, it's Chanyeol's birthday it's-"

"Got it." Namjoon could hear the fast tapping of some buttons before he could even say the numbers to her to be sure.

Of course she knew.

He smiles and finds his heart warming up a little. "Alright, once you stop there, just stand by the entrance."

"Uh.. okay," she nervously laughs and the two end their call.

Namjoon drops his phone, nervously staring in the direction of the elevator door. Did he forget something? What if this is too intense for a first date?

He rushes to the bathroom, catching a look at his reflection in the big wall that was a mirror. What he was wearing was ok, right?

It was another one of his earth tone combinations, comfortable but what he considered to be fashionable. A pair of sweatpants shorts, a tan color, a slightly oversized dark brown sweater, and another shade of brown on the cardigan he wore on top of everything. His hair that was slightly slicked back with a minimum amount of gel and water was now slipping down to his face.

The elevator made a sound and Namjoon's neck snapped as he turned to look away from his reflection.

Y/N's here. He feels a thousand butterflies in his stomach, they're flying around as he makes his way to the entrance.

"Hello...?" Her voice is quiet, shy, and Namjoon loves it- her voice, of course, he loves her voice. "Joon?"

Yeah, he loves her voice. He smiles and her calling his name was enough to give him the confidence to look at her face to face.

"Hey," he waves slightly and Y/N visibly perks up, grinning in his direction. "You look-" his eyes drift, he's looking at what she's wearing. From the pretty dress that hugged her waist and her pretty shoulders perfectly to the small cardigan that she held in her arms, she must've taken it off just now, he assumed. She looked pretty.

Her hair is adorned with two green ribbons that he realized matched her socks when she was putting her shoes to the side.

Her hands intertwine in front of her lap and she's looking up nervously, rocking back and forth. "Hi." She steps closer and tries to look around and on any other occasion, he would've let it be but-

"One thing at a time, alright?" He confidently steps closer to her and moves the one loose strand from her ponytail to behind her ear. "Now, try not to run away on me, I might have overdone it."

She giggles and looks around, putting her cardigan on a hanger nearby. "I'll try not to. My ride must be long gone by now." She's wearing makeup, something that completely matches her complexion and makes her look as beautiful as she is without it. Namjoon is staring. She notices a grin on her face. "So how are we starting this thing?"