(29) The talk

Your POV

You had spent all day playing with Chanyeol and he had played with some friends and some bugs. By the time the two of you were home, Chanyeol was covered in dirt and due to him insisting that you go and carry him so he could sleep, your white top had been covered in dirt and mud as well. It could be said you had so much fun that you forgot about the phone call with Namjoon... sort of.

The moment you knocked on the door, you were brought back to reality. You had to look at Namjoon with a straight face and not overreact because he clearly didn't say it to you. He was saying it to his son. Yeah. Maybe he thought you had your phone on speaker. Yes...

"Coming..." a small voice came from the other side but you knew he was yelling. The walls had good soundproofing. In a minute, the door swung open and Namjoon looked... different.

You smiled. "Blue hair." You stepped in and closed the door behind you. "I thought you went there for filming." He quickly grabbed Chanyeol off your arms and you had your hands free to go and play with his hair. "It feels so soft.." you grinned and ruffled his hair.

"You don't like the blue hair?" Oh, you were definitely a fan. Was it because of the color or because Namjoon could pull anything off with that handsome face of his.

You shook your head. "I like it." You whispered and got on the tip of your toes. "I like you more though," you spoke and froze, eyes widened. "We have to talk."

Namjoon's face went red and he sighed. "Yeah... I guessed as much. Let me take off Chanyeol's clothes and put him to sleep. I brought chicken."

"Beer?"

"I grabbed the gas station brand. It-"

"It all tastes the same." You stretched around, seeing Namjoon smile and walk to Chanyeol's messy room...

It took him about a minute. He was out of the room, dejected while you had your new beer can in hand. "So- I can - I can explain-"

You were talking about it now NOW. Shoot. "This is serious, right?" You looked up at him and he nodded. "Can we sit and talk, please?" He nodded and gestured to the couch, only waiting for you to sit on it so he can do so as well.

The two of you were face to face. "You must have some complaints. Maybe some questions?" Oh...

Neither of you knew how to start the conversation.

"Did you mean it?" Guess you should start.

He looked down at the floor, a frown on his face. "I don't know. It only felt so natural that I didn't think twice before saying." He was seriously thinking about it, probably trying not to scare you away. "I- you- I don't know how I feel about you, Y/N."

Woahh... is this turning into a break up that's not really a breakup because you two didn't actually date?

"Can you please explain that- I- do you not like me?" You tried not to sound sad or angry because you couldn't force him to feel a certain way about you. "It's fine-"

"I definitely like you Y/N! I really do!" You slightly jumped, a blush coming on your face. The sound of his voice sounded very aggressive and you had never had such an aggressive confession before. "I- I didn't mean it like that..."

You removed your shoes, climbing your legs up on the couch, hiding your face behind them. "Then... what do you mean?"

"We've never really had time to hang out together. I don't know anything about you. I mean, of course you're a great person, Chanyeol likes you and he doesn't really get along with people." He stood from the couch across from you to sit down next to you. "You're a wonderful person. THAT I know... but I don't know anything about you."

He was right. You knew him as a celebrity but he barely spent any time at home and it was probably all lust that led to you two being together. "You don't know if you like me." No matter how he said it, that's what it felt like.

He parted his lips, about to speak but you left out a small laugh. "What is it?"

"We're not the brightest duo. I mean, sure, we both clearly have feelings for one another but it's impossible to even go on a normal date when you're... you." A world known celebrity. You removed your head from out of your knees and looked at him. "So you didn't mean it, it's fine. We have to get to know one another before we can take a step forward, we both know that." You crawled on the couch, moving his legs to the side to sit in between them.

He looked sad. "I'm sorry I confused you by saying that word." He wrapped his hands around the back of your waist. "I'll make it up to you. Yeah?"

You leaned against him. "I'm sure we'll come up with something. I know that we're maybe moving a little too fast. If you want to slow down, we can. Just let me know if you don't feel comfortable with any of this." You held his face, cupping his cheeks. He slightly leaned forward but you pulled away, slouching in front of him. "We can go back to our old boss worker relationship. If that's what you want." It was a slight whisper and you were scared what it was he would say.

"Y/N-"

"I know you have Chanyeol and I don't want to ruin whatever bond I have with him by messing up what I have with you...!"

He smiled and placed a kiss on top of your forehead. You frowned, confused. "Let's keep things this way for now. I like how things are right now. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure we'll find a way to not harm Chanyeol in the process."

"I could definitely go for some chicken now." You climbed off his lap, your hands on his shoulder while trying to get up. "Have you eaten?"

Namjoon got up after you and shook his head. "It felt lonely eating alone." Yeah, that's probably a normal thing. Not everyone likes to be alone... especially when you can have the warmth of somebody next to you. "So... Y/N. To get to know you, I guess I have to ask you questions. No?" He grinned and you softly giggled, grabbing your already opened beer can.

"What would that question be, Kim Namjoon?"

It'll probably be a night full of questions...