(49) Preparing

Namjoon's POV

Namjoon was a wreck. From the moment you walked out of your room, he knew he was done for. He couldn't make eye contact with you at all, to the point where he was being accidentally rude.

He turns around to look at you who was standing by the door. There you were. Your hair was perfectly styled, differently than you usually would; the dress you were wearing hugged all curves, and sure, he's seen you in somewhat tight clothes but this- this looked different as it was a full combo. You usually childproof your face, avoiding makeup to not have it smeared or damaged when playing with Chanyeol.

He doesn't know what to say to you, he feels all kinds of emotions at the moment.

So he stared at the tv.

All until the moment that you said you had to go. He finally looked in your general direction and he saw you standing by the door. Staring at him with the biggest pout he's ever seen. The cute look on your face contrasted with the lethal outfit you had on. Deadly combination, he thought.

He wanted you to stay here. He wanted to keep you all for himself but he knew he couldn't do that. No matter how good you looked, he couldn't limit you and your freedoms.

You squint your eyes in his direction and discretely stomp your foot. "Maybe I'll find myself a secret lover on the way there. I did already mention my ex-boyfriend was going to be there so... yeah." You look out of ideas, turning to hold the doorknob and hesitating to open the door.

Why are you so upset now? Were you just glaring at him because you realized it'd be better to be with a more eligible bachelor? He's plenty eligible.

Why would you be upset?

Then something just makes sense. Something clicks.

"You're doing it on purpose."

You turn to look at him, shocked and he finally stands up, Chanyeol in his arms, being dragged along.

Namjoon looks at you up close and he's blushing like a shy high school boy with a somewhat confident look on his face.

"You want to make me jealous? Is that it?" It has to be that, if not, what else?

But why? Was it because he's leaving soon? Was it because of that one interview with the female interviewer?

He couldn't figure out why you'd try to do that but whilst he tried to figure it out, he took notice of the way your pout formed back up.

It wasn't that?

You hop a little, your heels clicking on the floor when you lean over to give him a small kiss. "I have to go. Can we talk later?" Oh.

He freezes and his body refuses to move. "I- alright." His lips press in a thin line and he holds Chanyeol closer to his chest.

What does that mean?

You smile awkwardly and finally turn around to make your way out the door, not aware of the emotional stress you've just caused him.

"Chanyeol, how about we go out?" He bounces Chanyeol softly and Chanyeol cheers in response. "We can go to the park for a little, yeah?"

There's no way he'll stay at home while you're out. He's not mentally prepared for anything like that. Not again.

...

The park was an easy thing to do with Chanyeol. Everything was easy when Chanyeol wanted to do it. The two of them spent the whole afternoon playing, some kids played with Chanyeol and when they didn't, Namjoon went to play with his son.