(27) "It's Us"

Your POV

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep in the middle, Chanyeol?" You spoke to Chanyeol who wanted to be the little spoon but still wanted to be in the corner. He nodded and wrapped himself around the covers while closing his eyes shut. "You don't mind-"

"It's totally fine, you've been bothering Chanyeol for the longest now..." Namjoon smiled and stood by the light switch. "I'm turning the light off now. Yea?"

Poor Chanyeol was now tired and you just couldn't stop bothering him because you weren't confident about the fact that you had to sleep next to Namjoon. "Ok...." Why were you nervous? It's not like anything was gonna happen with a child in the room. "I'm sure my bed isn't as comfortable as yours but it'll make do, no?" Namjoon grinned.

The light was turned off but you still looked back to see where Namjoon was while at the same time, you laid down on the bed. He let out a quiet sigh and moved under the covers, his hands quickly sneaking around your waist. You slightly flinched, being caught by surprise. "This is perfect," he spoke into your ear and you were thankful that the lights were off so he couldn't see your blushing face. "Even better than my bed." He smiled against your skin.

It would be no use fighting against it. "Yeah?" It was also warm and comfortable... Who would say no to such comfort? "Perfect does seem like an exaggeration though..." you whispered, your hands around Chanyeol carefully but your body leaned back against Namjoon's.

He shook his head and placed a kiss on your shoulder. "Perfect." He spoke again and you closed your, a wide grin growing on your face. "With the two of you..." his voice was now sleepy, getting lower every second due to sleep getting the best of him.

You didn't say anything else and closed your eyes as well. "Goodnight Oppa, you too Chanyeol." Somehow the boy was really quiet and was snuggling into your arms. Namjoon hummed and snuggled against your neck and Chanyeol muttered a small 'goodnight Y/N.'

You hadn't had comfort like this in so long that you almost forgot what this felt like.

...

The bad thing about mornings was that Chanyeol was quiet. He wasn't the type to wake you up when he did unless he really, really wanted something that he couldn't reach. He would only wake you up hours after trying and making a mess to get what he wanted to get. This morning you were not woken up by Chanyeol but by Namjoon.

"Y/N," his voice was deep, really deep. "Love," he whispered and placed some kisses on the top of your head. "Goodmorning."

You whined and moved around, tightly hugging the pillow in front of you to notice it wasn't a pillow but Namjoon's body. You didn't pull away but you did look up at him with a grin.

Your soft body was squished against his and he remained still, his hands on your lower waist. "I can get used to this." You joked and Namjoon smiled nervously, trying to stare intensely at your eyes.

"Your pajamas... They're um- Maybe you should fix the top first.." he muttered and you looked down, realizing you were really really close to flashing the poor man.

You moved to cover your shirt but accidentally ended up causing a separate issue on your lower half. "Oh..." you muttered, feeling a certain something pressing against you. Your face instantly flushed and you froze on your spot. "Is that-"

"Don't talk about it, please.." He groaned and was tense under you. "It's a natural reaction, especially when you- when you- you're so-" He blushed as well. "I'll just go shower-"

He moved around, removing your leg from around him now that your grip wasn't tight and in no time, he was out of your bedroom.  Of course it wasn't long before you heard a loud 'What is this?!?' in pure shock from Namjoon's end.

You crawled off the bed at the speed of light and stumbled into the living room. Chanyeol was holding some of your markers and was covered in multiple colors. He was not the only one colored as the walls were not saved from the massacre.

Chanyeol looked at him with a wide grin. "Art!"

"Chanyeol, no..." your markers were ruined. Shit... those were expensive too. "What did we talk about when I said you couldn't use the markers?" You were upset. Those took you a few years to stack up.

His smile faded and he dropped the marker. "Papa and Y/N no like? It's uss!!" He gestured to the drawing on the wall. You couldn't look at Namjoon due to the previous embarrassment but Namjoon wasn't the focus.

Chanyeol didn't have any ill intentions, you knew that... obviously. Then again, he knew what he did was wrong. You weren't his mother, you couldn't give proper punishments and you really weren't sure what Namjoon would react.

"Erm... I-" he muttered under his breath and you finally turned to look at him. "Should I- Y/N?" He turned to you to pass on judgement and you panicked slightly.

He wanted you to come up with a punishment. "Err... Oppa-" you eyes naturally trailed down and your eyes widened. "How about you go shower and Chanyeol and I clean this here?" You sharply turned your head to look at Chanyeol.

Making him clean his mess seemed like a proper punishment. You sighed and crouched, putting your hand out for Chanyeol to give you the marker he held in his hand.

"Er- right. Sure!" Namjoon stiffly turned to his bedroom and the door was closed shut.

Mornings weren't always so awkward. Why was today chaotic?

Putting the markers back in their proper spots, you went to look for a rag to clean. "Now Chanyeol, we have to clean this up because Papa doesn't like the walls to be dirty." You explained, looking for a small bucket.

Chanyeol let out a small huff and sat on the floor. "What's so wong?" He pouted as soon as you came towards him. "It's us Y/N." He pointed at the drawing again. It had what you believed to be the three of you holding hands. Chanyeol between you and Namjoon.

"There's nothing wrong with drawing bubby, but the walls get dirty and then it'll get hidden by something. I'll give you some paper to draw us again and I'll put it on the fridge, ok?" He seemed to be doing some real thinking, hand on chin and eyes wandering up curiously.

He stood and grabbed the rag. "I don' need to draw it again!" He placed it on the wall proudly and began wiping like his life depended on it.

"Because the weal you is hele! Yuu awe nevwer weaving us! It will a'ways be us together!" You shouldn't lie to a child. Much less a smart one like Chanyeol.

No matter if you actually believed that the three of you would be together, you couldn't say that when you don't know what Namjoon, his father, is thinking. "We can hope so, right?" You patted his hair and smiled softly, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Us" sounded nice but how much of a reality is that?