(24) Parent Trouble

Namjoon's POV

I'm crazy. I really shouldn't have asked her such a question. She's definitely gonna reject me. When's the last time I got rejected? My hands became sweaty as I awaited her response. Her small hands in mine just made it worse because I couldn't tell what it was that she was thinking. It had to be something bad by the look of surprise in her face. Y/N's face twisted around while she didn't say anything.

"Y/N-"

"Are you sure? What about Chanyeol? How much would the rent be? Would you just take it off my paycheck, I don't really mind but I'm just asking to figure it out." Was that a yes?

I furrowed my brows and looked down at her. "Don't worry about any of that. We can figure it out later. You can simply focus on babysitting Chanyeol and on whatever you want to do." I was being honest. The thought of her being at my house didn't bother me one bit. In it's own way it was all warming. The fact that Chanyeol would be with someone he cares about all day every day made me happy. That is if Y/N was actually saying yes or if she's just saying no but taking me on a ride as I waited for her to say yes.

"I'm a messy person. You already offered so I'm just warning you." Although I had noticed Y/N does seem to create her mess every time she gets entangled in her own work, she does clean up after herself after she is done. "Just consider me the housemaid from now on." She smiled kindly and looked down at our hands.

She seemed to be thinking about something. Her face twisting in all sorts of ways. She hummed while thinking. "What is it now?" She obviously has something to think about. Obviously she wouldn't just say yes.

"How do I tell my parents?" Her eyes looked up at me with pure confusion and concern. "They won't just let me move in with a random man. Boss or not." She looked up at me, her eyes filled with pure... fear? How scary were her parents?

What would a good 'not boyfriend boyfriend' do? I have to calm her down. Yes. That's it. I reached to rest my hands on her shoulders. "First... we can get out of this... place." A place like this does not deserve to be called a 'house'. She took a deep breath and her shoulders slumped down.

"Can I kiss you before we leave this little cursed place?" Woah— way to catch someone off guard. I'm sure I had the dumbest expression on my face at that very moment, the small laugh that slipped past her lips didn't help at all. She pulled down her mask and that cute smile of hers was just contagious. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She giggled nervously.

She pulled down my mask and I just naturally found myself wrapping my hands around her waist. "Because..." you're gorgeous. I leaned forward and gave her a small peck. I wanted more but it was risky enough hugging her in a house with wide-open windows.

Her cute hands reached to pull my mask back up and she placed a kiss over it. "Alright, we have some alternatives..." She turned around and her hand naturally found mine. It just seemed right.

"I'm all ears Bub," I spoke to her softly, without even trying to. The new nickname had a flustered giggle slip past her lips before she fixed her face mask and stepped out of the door. As soon as her foot stepped on the outside, her hand let go of mine. No matter how much I wanted to hold her hand again, she knew better than I did that such a thing it's not something you do when you live the life of an idol. Not for myself, but for her own safety.

She turned to look back at me, raising a brow. "Why are you so slow? Can you hear me from back there?" The small comment made me realize I had started walking at an amazingly slow speed. What exactly am I thinking about? Sheesh...

I step up to walk side to side with her. "Sorry... I was just thinking what it was Chanyeol could be doing right now." It was a lie but the truth sounded a little too stressful to bring up for her, who seems to live a simple happy life.