(04)Day 1: Cookies

You and Chanyeol stood by the entrance of the house, Kim Namjoon adjusting his shoe and grabbing a bucket hat and putting it on top of his head. "I guess I'll get going," he spoke and looked down at Chanyeol then back at you. A soft smile on his face "thank you again, I'll see you this afternoon" he bowed and you tilted your head to the side, a soft smile on your lips once again.

"Don't worry about it, sir. Chanyeol is not such a bad kid after all." You looked down at him and patted his head. "Now, I recommend you go sir or you'll be late for work," you suggested and put your hands in front of your lap. "Chanyeol, say goodbye to papa. He's off to work," you turned to Chanyeol who looked sad at seeing his father leave. 

You giggled and crouched down to whisper in Chanyeol's ear. "When papa's gone we can eat cookies. Ok?" I whispered and he looked at me with a large amount of shock in his eyes. Excitedly, he turned to look at his father.

"Goodbye (English), papa!" he waved and jumped up to hug him. Namjoon spun his around and chuckled at his child's behavior. 

Putting on his face mask and a pair of glasses after he put Chanyeol down, "Bye bye Chanyeol. Y/N." he slightly bowed and you did the same in return, waving at him and closing the door behind him once he was walking inside the van waiting for him. 

By the time Namjoon was gone, it was already 1 pm and it was about lunchtime. "Can we have cookies nyow?"  Chanyeol looked up at you and you glanced at the clock. 

"Do you want to help me make the cookies Chanyeol?" you crouched down and walked inside the house. He did a small 'hmph' noise as if saying yes. 

You both made your way to the surprisingly clean kitchen and Chanyeol looked around waiting for you to tell him something. Meanwhile, it is better if you look for the recipe first. You've made cookies before but that was always 'helping' your mom. Meaning you didn't actually pay that much attention to what she was doing since you weren't even allowed to eat them.

Finding a recipe online, you found the ingredients laying around and easily followed every single step. Chanyeol followed around.

When it was time to pour the flour in a bowl, you both accidentally spilled it over the counter but decided to ignore it. The eggs somehow got frozen on the fridge and it was a hassle to get them cracked. Chanyeol then tried throwing one on the floor to see if the eggs would actually crack which resulted in you having to clean egg yolk off the floor.

With bits of trouble, and tons of fun, the cookie dough was already done and Chanyeol was deciding on what they should be.

"A dragon... Or a cat?" You raised the cookie cutters and Chanyeol just looked thinking hard on which one.

He crossed his arms and pouted. "I nunno," he muttered and you smiled. Wiping a bit of flour he had on his forehead.

"Let's do both then, how about that?" You asked and Chanyeol shook his head. Stopping you from moving over and cutting the cookies. "Why not?"

He shook his head. "The drayon will eat the kitty," he explained in complete worry.

Luckily you had two trays. Lifting them up, you showed Chanyeol. "If we put them in different trays the dragon won't be able to reach the kitty." He seemed convinced by what you said and finally agreed.

By the time the cookies were done, you had cleaned up the mess you and Chanyeol had made while baking cookies. You also had cooked a simple meal that you could eat as the cookies were being baked. It was surprising that there were so many ingredients for cookies yet there were not many ingredients for food so you ended up cooking rice balls. 

The timer went off and you rushed quickly finished with shaping the rice balls and putting them on two plates. One for Chanyeol, and another one for Kim Namjoon just in case. The rest were put in a bowl just before you put the cookies up to cool down outside of the oven. 

"Now that I think about it..." you spoke to yourself and made your way out of the kitchen. "Chanyeol?" you looked around for him. You saw walked to the living room where Chanyeol was soundly sleeping on the couch. The Ryan plushie and the Totoro plushie on both his hands. 

Sighing, you carried him over to the bed and put some pillows on both his sides just so he wouldn't roll around the bed. Moving his hair out of his face, you smiled to yourself and turned the fan on before walking out of the bedroom. 

Putting the food sealed away and put the cookies down on a neat tray before walking to the couch and sitting down. Grabbing a book from the table beside you, you found yourself interested in the book. As minutes went by, you were already by the fifth chapter. Time went by and the sky got darker outside, you were reading the book and you didn't notice what was going on. 

"Chanyeol? Miss. Y/N?" a voice spoke and you quickly looked away from the book. Putting it down by the table and glancing over to the man that stood by the door.

Standing up, you slightly bowed and smiled. "Hello, um... Chanyeol is asleep right now so he didn't get to eat anything other than some small snacks." You put your hair down, putting your bag over your shoulders. "I cooked some riceballs. There wasn't much to cook I hope you don't mind, I baked cookies as well."

Namjoon chuckled and walked up to you, "No, don't worry. How did Chanyeol behave?" He put his things down by the couch. "Usually his babysitter is always running away the moment I come back," he joked but I don't think he was joking. "I really hope he wasn't too much of a pain," he scratched the back of his neck. 

"Don't worry, he's an angel." You spoke and glanced at your watch. "I should probably get going," you spoke and Namjoon nodded. "I'll be here... tomorrow...?" you said but it was more like a question.

Namjoon walked to the door beside you. "Only if you don't mind," he responded and then your attention was brought to the room in which you put Chanyeol to sleep. 

"Papa...?" he walked out sleepily, wiping the tiredness off his eyes. 

Namjoon too turned to look at him "oh, Chanyeol you're awake. Y/n here is about to leave, you want to say goodbye to her?" he crouched down and Chanyeol finally opened his eyes. 

"y/n leaving?" he asked and you crouched down to match his height. 

Waving at him, "I have to get going now Chanyeol, bye bye" you smiled, your eyes slightly closed and then Chanyeol's eyes widened. He ran to you and hugged you tightly. 

"NOOOOOOO..... Y/N won' 'eave me" He cried and you nervously turned to look at Namjoon. A worried look on your eyes. It's not like you'll be gone forever.