(11) Calming

Your POV

"Is he ok? Just a normal fever, right?" you looked at the pediatrician who was working with Chanyeol. She smiled and looked at you and Namjoon, taking Chanyeol's temperature one more time.

"He'll be alright with a little sleep and some medicine. It's just the weather affecting him right now. In a few days, he'll be back to his normal charming self." She smiled and Chanyeol who was bow awake tried not to cry while looking at you and Namjoon. "He's a strong boy so he'll be alright." She backed away from him and looked through her computer. You walked towards him and held his hands, running your fingers along his soft palms.

Namjoon was concentrated on his conversation with the doctor and you were distracting Chanyeol making sure he was ok. He had been given some medicine and seemed to have calmed down. "Should I make soup for dinner?" You asked Chanyeol and leaned forward. He looked up at you and tilted his head to the side.

"Sewp?" You nodded and he smiled. Shaking his head no. "No sewp." He said again while smiling and you giggled. The doctor handed Namjoon some papers and then turned to Chanyeol.

"I'll see you in a few months for your shots Mr.Kim," she spoke to Chanyeol and he nodded. Turning back to you and asking for upsies. You lifted him up and he sat on your hip. "You guys seem like great parents.-"

"-oh no no no, I'm the babysitter." You interrupted and both you and Namjoon now awkwardly tried to fix the misunderstanding. "Yeah- It- I work for him."

The doctor gasped and tried not to laugh at her mistake. "Sorry.. you guys definitely look like a couple. I didn't mean to make that mistake." She apologized and Chanyeol just stared at her.

He tugged on your shirt and rested his head on your shoulder. The nurse the dismissed the two of you and the driver was already waiting outside. You looked around and spotted some people looking from a  distance with cameras on and trying to make sure that was indeed Kim Namjoon. You nervously tapped Namjoon and whispered something in his ear.

"There's an audience at 3'o clock. Get in the car quickly." You smiled and Namjoon didn't hesitate to open the door and sit down. Covering his face and looking down. You opened the back door and put Chanyeol in the car seat, buckled him up and gave him a small high five before closing the door. "I'll walk home now. I don't want to worry my parents," you said just before Namjoon asked the question. 

You turned away and walked the opposite direction in which the car went. From your back pocket, your phone began to ring and you smiled at reading the caller ID. Answering the call, you slowly walked "Mr. Kim, did you forget something?" he chuckled on the other side of the phone.

"Miss. Y/N, I forgot to thank you... for being so thoughtful when it came to my son. I'm just calling to have you speak with Chanyeol who insists I put you on the phone with him." You giggled and nodded.

Crossing the street, you smiled. "What could he want to talk about?" 

"Well, I don't know... I'm putting him on the phone right now." It was silent. All you could hear was Chanyeol's babbles from a distance and your heart slowly beating against your chest. It was a warm afternoon. 

On the phone, you heard Chanyeol getting louder. "Y/N? *sniff* Iws Chamweol..." he sniffled, sounding sick and coughing. "Wuay did wuu weave mwe?" You looked around and saw the same park you'd usually spend your time when you were a child. There was a fence underneath the streetlight and you sat down. 

"I'm sorry Chanyeol, I have to get home and it's pretty late." You explained and he exaggeratedly sighed.

A smile spread across your lips and you waited for what he had to say. "Y/N, I twought wu woved me." Where did this come from? Has he been watching too many dramas with you? "Wu hwave two beluewe in mwe." 

You burst out laughing and shook your head in disbelief, "Chanyeol, where did you come up with this way of speaking?" It's definitely the dramas. 

"Chanweol ish sho sad..." you smiled and held back another laugh. "A kish. A kish wuld make mwe fweel all betwer." Ok, you definitely need to stop watching dramas while he plays in the living room.

You tried not to laugh, "how about I make you some rice balls tomorrow?" he hummed in response. 

"Alwight. Y/N, Chanweol's home so I wotta gwo." He was about to hang up but pulled the phoen back in. "Oh Y/N," he spoke and you stood from the bench.

"What is it Chanyeol?" 

"I wuv you!" he said and made a kiss sound towards the phone. 

On the other side you could hear Namjoon speaking, "Chanyeol, what are you doing? Stop kissing the phone you're getting snot all over the phone! Give it to me." 

They seemed to be fighting over the phone. "You won't twake Y/N abway pwom mwe! I wuv her!" 

"What kind of nonsense are you talking about? Give me the phone right now." 

You could see your house was close by. Chanyeol stopped yelling and began whining. "Hello, Y/N? It's Namjoon. Are you home yet?"

You hummed. "Yeah, just got here. I'll stop bothering you guys and we'll talk tomorrow... bye bye." 

"Bye bye, Y/N..." for some reason you didn't want to hang up. Talking on the phone like this was really calming. You wanted to continue talking but you were already home. 

The silence on the phone was calming and neither of you hung up. It was calming just hearing each other's breathing and knowing he was there. For a small moment, you could feel a warmth in your heart. "Alright, I'll hang up now." You didn't wait for his response and quickly hung up. Your heart was not quiet anymore but it was quickly beating.