(15) Planning

Your POV

You were staring at the shelves. There were no ingredients necessary for what you wanted to do. Namjoon just had to tell you last minute, how are you supposed to organize a birthday party in one day for the child of a millionaire? Out of making so many cookies, there's no flour left and you wanted to have the cake done by today. 

The sound of small footsteps caught your attention and you noticed a sleepy Chanyeol opened the door from his room, dragging the only Ryan plushie his father had bought him and that he had been since he got it according to his father. He didn't look around and made his way to the bathroom, not closing the door. 

You pulled out your phone from your back pocket, seeing a text that had come from Namjoon a few minutes ago. 

'Getting on the Plane. The Guys are tagging along.'

He sent a picture with him and the other members in what seemed to be an airport. The flight from there to here is about 8-10 hours which means he'll arrive in the middle of the night. "Chanyeol?" you called out and put down the phone, walking to the bathroom where Chanyeol had walked into. "Oh my-" you held back a laugh at seeing Chanyeol trying to brush his teeth with toothpaste all over his face. "What are you doing?" 

You sat on the toilet lid and looked at him trying to brush his teeth. He turned to look at you, about to rub his eyes filled with toothpaste. "I'm twying to bwush m' teeth!" He looked up at you innocently, the toothpaste he had managed to put on the toothbrush falling on the floor by his feet. 

You watched him put his toothbrush in his mouth once again without realizing there was no toothpaste in it. "Do you need any help?" he shook his head no. "Really?"

He brushed his teeth and of course there was no foam on them from the toothpaste because there was no toothpaste. "I'm a bwig bwoy now! I can do things on my own now!" He put his free hand on his hip, posing as a comic superhero would. "Oh!" he gasped and spit out the water in his mouth. "What's for lunch?" He put the toothbrush down and looked at you. 

"Dunno, we have to go to the grocery store," you spoke and stood up. "Let me help you now..." you took the toothbrush and put a small amount of toothpaste on it before having him open his mouth to brush his teeth. "We have to buy a lot of things, so as you eat breakfast think of one thing you'd want." 

He hummed in response and you carefully brushed his teeth. It took no more than 5 minutes before you were done and handed him a cup for him to rinse his mouth. You both made your way out of the bathroom right after you cleaned the toothpaste all over the bathroom. 

It was time to go shopping for the many things you'd need for a surprise birthday party and of course, the birthday boy who probably has no clue it's his birthday tomorrow. "You ready to go?" you stood by the door with your hand out for Chanyeol to hold. He rushed towards you and firmly held your hand. "Alright... here." You smiled and handed him a juice box and then walked with him out the door. 

. . .

Ballons. Frosting. Candy. What else...

You looked at the many things in the basket and didn't let go of Chanyeol's hand while looking around. What else could be needed?

You bit on your bottom lip and stared at the party section, surprised Chanyeol hadn't come up with a question about why you were there for so long. 

More balloons, table decoration, and... a gift. 

That's right. You already asked your parents to call if they received the gift you ordered right after the phone call with Namjoon yesterday. You asked for instant delivery and it said it would arrive today so all you'll do is wait.

Chanyeol tugged at your shirt and you quickly turned to look at him, snapping out of a trance and looking at him. "Yes?"

"Y/N, can I have that?" He pointed at a small section from the other side of the aisle and squinted your eyes to try and see what it was. "Pwetty Pwease." He gave you these puppy dog eyes that gave you no option but to say yes.

"A painting kit?" will his father mind the mess? "Alright, put it in the basket." You walked beside him towards the stand filled with many different painting kits. Watercolor would make a water mess, acrylic would get on the couches and ruin them... tempera seems like the best medium to use. 

Luckily, that was the very same one Chanyeol chose. He put it in the basket and walked beside you without keeping his eyes off the paint section.

He did always have an interest in painting, huh? A miracle he'd never asked for paint before.

Shopping came to an end and you were ready to go home and cook up something both you and Chanyeol could enjoy and that can be cooked quickly. 

Now the difficult task will be having him asleep whilst you do all the planning at home...