(20) Questions

Your POV

"Alright, I can't do this. It's too much for me. Y/N, I can just-"

"I've told you. It's not that difficult, please just try it this time." You would insist as you held the knife up. "Strawberries. How difficult can it be to cut them? RIght, Chanyeol?" You turned to look down at him with a soft smile. Chanyeol was comfortably on the floor, eating most of the strawberries you gave him in a clear bowl.

He lifted one up, trying to remove the leaf. Compared to the others, you forgot to take it off that one. "Right...!" he tried biting the leaf off but the amount of slobber on it made it close to impossible.

You didn't notice Namjoon was about to do it before you reached to remove it yourself. "Here you go little Kim." You handed it back to him, to see he quickly went back to happily eating the strawberries. Namjoon chuckled and reached for the leaf and threw it on the trash, spinning on his heel to wipe off Chanyeol's slobber off your hands.

"Little Kim?" He raised a brow and you shrugged. "Then what am I? Big Kim?"

"OG Kim? No, that'd be your father..." you were honestly thinking, spinning the knife in your hand one time to proceed to cut the strawberries Namjoon was avoiding with all his might. "What could it be..."

"Your favorite Kim?" His voice was quiet, he probably didn't expect you to hear it but you heard it.

Not paying much thought to the joke, you shook your head. "Nope. That's Chanyeol." His face went red and he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Second Favorite Kim. Good Kisser Kim?" You joked and you swear you could see his ears go bright red in an instant. He was pouring chocolate syrup on Chanyeol's pancakes and accidentally spilled some ALL over the place. "Woah Woah Woah." You rushed to stand next to him and grabbed your napkin to wipe the syrup. "I was just joking. Mr. Kim, I think it's best I stop messing around huh." You held back your laughter. His reaction was far too cute and it's something you had rarely seen on tv after googling him for quite some time.

"Sorry- I-"

"It's alright. No harm is done. The pancakes being cooked right now are mine, you can start to eat with Chanyeol for no while I cook my pancakes and clean this up. The strawberry jam is in the fridge and the strawberries are all cut." He nodded and you smiled, rushing to flip the pancakes and softly pushing Namjoon to the dining room. "It'll only be a second."

...

Kim Namjoon and Kim Chanyeol were two very similar people, Chanyeol was like a mini Namjoon. The way they acted was so similar. At times, the two could be really clumsy and make a mess at times. At other times, the two of them are geniuses.

So you sat there, eating across from them and your thoughts drifted off to Chanyeol. He looked nothing like Namjoon if it weren't for the eyes and his cute nose. The two of them had not much in common and you began wondering about the mother of the child. Where did she go? Why? Who is she?

Of course, Idols have their own private life but you would never have thought that they would have kids at such a young age. A kid at 22, that's rather young if you think about it. Is it such a bad thing? You made out with your boss and now you don't know what will happen. Maybe the mother is on a world tour or something. Maybe she's another idol. Yet when you try to think about your thoughts drift back to you. Not Namjoon. Not Chanyeol; Not the not present mother; but you. Where do you stand in all of this? What should you do? Quit? But you're getting kicked out of your place soon enough.

"Y/N?" you accidentally dropped your fork and jumped up in surprise. Namjoon was feeding Chanyeol some chocolate covered pancakes. "You alright?"

Were you ok? Should you ask him straight up and honest or is it better to just wait?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I'm just busy thinking." You crouched to reach for your fork and stood up to rinse it, walking in front of Namjoon where the bowl of strawberries was and you grabbed a piece. "I have to look for an apartment to move into so I'm just trying to put the numbers together to figure things out." You sighed and walked to the kitchen, rinsing the spoon whilst Namjoon sat in silence for a minute.

You'd probably need a break from babysitting, you could risk getting replaced by a much better nanny. Heck, Chanyeol's mom could even come back randomly and you could say goodbye to your job. Then there's the price matter. How much would it cost to live in an apartment alone?

Namjoon stared at you as you made your way to the table and proceeded to eat your pancakes with a blank expression. "Y/N-"

You looked up in surprise and smiled at him. "I'll figure it out don't worry about it, ok? It's my problem, I won't ask you to get involved." Your voice was soft and you tilted your head to the side knowing he had something to say in return.

"I wouldn't mind getting involved-" you smiled and shook your head no. "Are you sure Y/N? Are you really sure?" He wanted you to rely on him, you could easily tell just by the way he looked at you. Why? All you shared was a mere kiss, a kiss you did not know the meaning of. If you don't know much about him, how do you know you can rely on him?

...

"I'll wash the dishes, don't worry." Namjoon's hands found yours as he reached for the plate in your hands. "The least I could do since I couldn't even cut strawberries properly." You didn't move and just looked up at him.

His eyes looked at yours and his face was awfully close to yours and you could feel a blush creep up your cheeks. "It's fine. I can do it Oppa, you can help Chanyeol in the shower."

"He said he wanted to bathe alone, the door's open, just in case," Namjoon spoke and got closer and closer to you. You put the plate down gently on the sink and smiled, putting your arms around his neck and his big hands warmed the small of your back. "...and I don't mind helping you out." That could take its own turn if in the proper situation.

His nose pressed against yours and you slowly closed your eyes. The moment your eyes were closed, you realized that there were many questions you still needed answers to. "Namjoon." He hummed and rested his forehead against yours.

"Yea? What is it?" His voice had a calming sound to it and you didn't want to pull away.

Frowning, you pulled away to look at his eyes. Why does he have to be so handsome? It makes things ten times more difficult to ask something. "I- this might be- ugh. What- I have some questions." He just stared at you and you waited for a response.

He sighed and rested his head on top of your shoulder. "I know. I've been trying to leave it off until later. I don't even know how to start."

Maybe you weren't the only one worrying about stuff.

You giggled and ran your hands through Namjoon's hair from the back of his neck. "First, let's go tend to your son who probably already drowned the bathroom." You leaned forward and pecked Namjoon's cheek.

A small gasp came from the bathroom and you jumped back in surprise. "Daddy! Daddy kissed Y/N!" He was surprised and covered his mouth in shock.