(54) Anniversary

Your POV

"Seven years. Seven long years."

You're stumbling into the house, losing your balance a little due to the tiniest bit of wine you'd had and your low alcohol intolerance.

Your husband is holding on to your shoulder, keeping your balance and Chanyeol is holding your bag and leftovers, standing behind you.

Namjoon laughs, helping you sit down. "I'm starting to feel old. 7 years is a long time..." He kneels and starts removing your shoes for you, you're sitting back and holding your stomach, too full to be able to function.

"We're getting old... oh, so are you Chan, you're so grown up..!" You turn to the twelve year old and squish his little cheeks. "Oh... how time flies... it's been so long, hell, I even remember the small house we used to live in. I used to be your babysitter!" Chanyeol scrunches his nose and walks to his room.

Namjoon sits next to you, doing the same pose you did as well, his free hand reaches out for yours and he holds it. "Happy anniversary, Y/N. I love you."

"I love you even more, Joon. I am so very glad you and Chanyeol are a part of my life." You lean your head on his shoulder and close your eyes.

The door to Chanyeol's door opens again and he clears his throat. "Dad, mom...?" His voice cracks in a state of nervousness. Namjoon instantly sits up and you do as well. It's not that Chanyeol stopped calling you mom, he did it, but as he grew older, the more rare it got to hear it.

"Oh my god- are you okay? Did something happen?!?" You look back to see him holding a box in his hand. "Is that a dead animal?? Did your hamster die?!? You don't have a hamster!" You are about to stand up and check what was going on with Chanyeol only for Namjoon to keep you sitting down.

Namjoon pats your head carefully. "Calm down, he's fine. He's just really... ominous sometimes." He laughs and you frown, confused. Namjoon knows what's going on?

"What's going on...? Is it another surprise?"

"Just... listen?" Chanyeol walks around the couch and sits on the seat across from the two of you. Namjoon didn't let go of your hand.

Chanyeol looked nervous, his curly hair fell a little over his eyes and he stared at the box. "My biology mother, Park Sunhee... she wasn't a great person. She isn't. I never cared much about her, barely knew anything about the woman-"

"Chanyeol-"

"But I've never had to worry about that during any parent teacher meetings, never had to worry about being embarrassed during the bring your parent to school day. Because you were there. You were and always have been there." He's smiling and you're already shaking, on the verge of tears.

You don't know where he's going but the speech alone is making you overly emotional and no longer slightly tipsy.

The boy just continued.

"When someone brings up a 'mother' I don't think of the one who gave birth to me, but of the one who's always been there. Mom, I know how serious this is. I also know that your anniversary is something between you and dad, I'm grateful enough I was invited today... but if it weren't for me, you wouldn't have met dad," he laughed at his own comment and held the box up. "You stuck with my dad despite me- despite all his history. This- I don't know how you'll react to this but here..."

He hands you the box and your heart becomes 10x faster. "What- what is this?" Your voice is soft and nervous.

"I'm asking you to be my mom. Not only through my dad's marriage but through that paper."

It clicks and you instantly open the box. Adoption papers.

You're crying on the spot, tears streaming down and you're instantly putting the box to the side and jumping into your son's arms. You're sobbing.

"I'm a model guys- you can't have me crying like this," you joke happily and try to stop crying but can't. You feel Namjoon's hand rubbing your back and you look back at him. "Come here- you guys..." you pull him into the hug too.

Chanyeol laughs under you. "You're such a crybaby sometimes."

"I love you two." You spoke in between small cries and tightly clung to them.

You didn't want to let go of them. Ever.

...

"How did you manage to do all of that behind my back?" You asked Namjoon, just waking up from bed with him reading a book, already awake.

He hums, closing the book. "Well, good morning." He leans down and kisses you. "Sleep well?"

"I couldn't have slept any better. I'm a mom now...!" You giggle and hug Namjoon's waist while he's sitting against the bed frame. You guys had tried having children a little earlier in your relationship, only to stumble upon the news that you couldn't have your own. Luckily, Chanyeol was more than enough for you, despite how much you'd wanted a second child.

You're a mom. It was always a rhetorical thing but now, you're legally his mom through him, not through Namjoon.

"You're an amazing mom."

You blush slightly and sit up, moving to hover over Namjoon. "I love you so very much." You kissed him and wrapped your arms around the back of his neck. "You're a great dad. A handsome dad."

He wraps his arms around the back of your waist. "I am, aren't I?"

You giggle and kiss him again. "Who would've believed years ago you didn't even know how to cut an onion?"

He laughs and rolls his eyes. "You're so not funny."

"Hey, that's alright, I just started as a babysitter applying to a really sketchy job because I didn't want to go back to college."

"Yeah, watch you tongue babe, you're still the babysitter."

"Yeah right, maybe yours. Chanyeol is a whole lot more independent than the two of us nowadays."

You both smile softly and snuggle onto him, now sitting on his lap.

The door suddenly slams open and there's Chanyeol, standing with widened eyes. "Ewww!! Gross!!" He closes the door behind him and leaves you and Namjoon behind in the room.

The two of you share a laugh and you pull away. "We should go get some ice cream."

"That reminds me of that one time Chanyeol started crying because his ice cream was too bitter when it was just his snotty nose-"

"I can still hear you! Stop talking about me!" Chanyeol yells through the door and a laugh is shared once again.

This is your forever.

You wouldn't have it any other way.

El fin.