(50) The L Word

Your POV
(ITS MY BIRTHDAY SO I WANTED TO POST :D)

You were stumbling around, the alcohol in your system was the fault of your friends pressuring you to drink. The ex which you had mentioned was kept a further distance away from you on the table. He tried to talk to you but luckily, you were able to get away from him with the simple talk of Chanyeol.

Yeah, the conversation switched around to people talking about kids and how some of them already had their own kids. You brought up Chanyeol, even implied he was your son and talked about him until the topic was changed once you were satisfied with the distant and displeased look on his face.

He still kept staring at you so you felt slightly uncomfortable. So you drank.

Not a lot. You had to come home to a child. But enough...

So you were stumbling in heels inside the house. "I'm home..." you walked around, not too focused on your shoes and the clicking of the heels on the floor. "Joon...?"

You spot him staring at you on the couch. His eyes widened while the tv shined on his face. "You're drunk..." he chuckled lightly and walked over to you, his hands reaching out to keep you steady.

His hands fell on your hips and you smiled. "Easy with the hands partner... making me blush over here." You're blushing at the touch before you're looking at his eyes with a goofy grin.

The two of you stand there for a quick second and you continue to stare at him. His soft, somewhat short hair, his pretty dimples, and the eternal soft look he always held in those eyes.

He laughs when your hand reaches out to be wrapped around the back of his neck. "What is it?" His voice is barely a whisper and he is smiling while you do too.

I love you. It's all you want to say but even with all the liquid courage in the world, you're not brave enough to speak up.

"Would you ever love someone else?"

His smile finds and his face shifts into a confused expression. "Huh?"

You moved your hands to rub his head calmly. "I asked you-" a hiccup slipped past your lips and you covered your mouth, looking at Namjoon with shocked eyes. Giggles slip past your mouth and you finally pull away from him, your hands fiddling with one another. "I'm drunk."

"Maybe a little" Namjoon holds you carefully but still lets you step back on your own, only for your heels to cause you to stumble and fall on the floor. "Maybe a fair amount..." he crouched down and was at eye level with you.

And there you are, a mess on the floor while looking at the man you find to be flawless in every way. "Will you ever love me...?" You didn't mean for it to come out like that. Your eyes widen at your own words and you instantly panic, continuing to say whatever can save you. "Just forget I said that- I know you're still in love with Sunhee and that's fine, we all move on in our own ways, I just don't want to be let on but again it's been only been 3 years since you two split so-"

"What are you on about? Who's in love with Sunhee?" He furrows his brows and stares at you.

You messed up. He looks angry. You spoke too soon. "You don't love her?" Your eyes look up at him desperately to see he was looking at you, trying to figure you out.

He sighs and sits in front of you, his hands reaching down to your feet. When his cold hands come in contact with your foot, he drags you close to him by your foot. Your head leans back but you quickly regain your balance, putting your hands over your skirt to not flash him accidentally.

He removes your shoe and puts it to the side before letting your leg naturally rest at his side. "I don't love Sunhee. Not anymore... Now, I can't tell you when it stopped but it was a while before I met you. A long while" he speaks calmly, reaching out to remove your second shoe. "You're smart, Y/N. You're really beautiful. Not only looks but as a person, even Chanyeol could tell from the moment he met you." He's leaning forward, close to your face. "Ever since I met you, I was doomed to fall in love with you."