(51) Alone

A/N: I got the last 4 parts of this done and it feels so underwhelming but this is a slice of life and there was barely any drama. Consider these chapters a quick wrap. Also sorry it took so long, I got caught up with school and work all at once :))

Your POV

"You're kidding..." you look up at Namjoon from your bed with Chanyeol sitting on your lap, hugging you gently. "You're leaving already?" You didn't want him to go.

It was only yesterday that you two had confessed your feelings, your eyes still with leftover makeup in the corners despite your ubbing as hard as you could.

He's smiling warmly, sitting on the corner of the bed. "I'm sorry... it's going to be four months- maybe six..."

"Six?!?" Your mouth moved before you were able to hide how upset you were. You just confessed... you were just starting to make progress....

He's looking at you with a somewhat shocked expression based on the tone of your voice. He looks somewhat guilty and you try to hide the pout forming on your face. "I'm sorry, Y/N, if there was something I could do, I would."

You know that much...

"I'm sorry... it's just... we just- you-" you sighed and hugged Chanyeol who happily jumped into your arms and hugged you tightly. "...nevermind." You wanted more time with him now that you know you both love each other...

He sighs and moves around to give you a peck on the cheek. "I'll just make sure to call you every second of the day I'm away. I'll teach you how to put my face on the tv, even." He laughs and pulls you along with Chanyeol closer to him. "I don't want to leave you at all, but it's my job and it's something I love to do."

Your hand moves to caress his face, despite him having moved you so your back is against his chest. "Chanyeol and I will keep each other company, I'm sure. We will miss you but we can wait. I don't want you to think that you're forced to call every minute of the day, you do what you have to do and check up on us whenever it is possible."

"Papa's leaving?" Chanyeol shifts, turning to look at the two of you with a pout on his lips. "Again??" His voice sounds shaky but he doesn't cry or hint at him being about to cry.

Namjoon tenses up and you instantly speak without thinking twice. "Yeah... papa's going away for a while to work with your uncles!" You try to sound cheery about it, not meaning to make the child more upset. "He's done it before, right? Chanyeol was a big brave boy who waited till papa got back, right?"

Chanyeol seems to be sad but he doesn't cry, understanding of the situation, surprising for someone his age. "Yes! We can call papa and send him lots of gifts and snacks! Wight?"

"Yeah, I'm sure we can, Chanyeol!" You hug him carefully and he moves around to hug his father who felt less tense behind you.

Namjoon sighs and covers his face. "I really don't wanna go this time..." he spoke under his breath, using one hand to cover his face and the other to wrap it around you. "You too are too cute." He rests his face on the back of your neck and removes his hand to wrap it around you as well. A small kiss is planted on that same spot his face is resting and he lets out another sigh.

You blush and cover the spot, it having sent goosebumps down your back.

It is when you turn around to finally get the best look at his face that you catch a look you probably didn't want to see.

The man looks sad, he's not looking at you or at Chanyeol, he's staring at the floor with a look of pure grief on his face.

Hell, now you didn't want him to go at all this time...