(19) Half a Bottle

Third POV

"We'll see you guys later." Namjoon stood by the door, you stood beside him, holding a sleepy Chanyeol in your arms. All six guys smiled and had two different cars waiting for them. "Be careful out there." He spoke and they all nodded.

You giggled at the funny gestures they were making. Jungkook had stolen some of Chanyeol's candy and despite some nagging from you, he still took a handful of it. Jin insisted on helping to clean your house but you dismissed along with the many other guys who wanted to help. "You guys, thank you for coming and I hope to see you all soon enough." You spoke softly, careful with your words and movements to not wake Chanyeol. 

Their faces softened and for some reason, they bowed. Jin did it first and the other guys seemed to find it natural to do it as well. "Y/N, take care of them." Kim Seokjin smiled softly and your face softly blushed. It sounded like he was being handed to you for marriage. You were happy that they trusted you so, but it's not like you and Namjoon had a thing going on. Did you? 

 Before you got any word out and you were done processing things, the guys were closing the doors to the cars and were waving at you from the windows. 

"Come on Y/N, let's put Chanyeol to sleep before your arms give out." Namjoon's voice scared you. What he did not expect was for you to jump back with your face beet red. "Woah- are you ok?"  he asked calmly, looking down at you. "How about- how about we- let's just head inside." He turned away, closing the door behind the two of you and trying to hide his own face just because he had a slight feeling that maybe he too was blushing. 

You looked around and sighed, there wasn't a mess exactly but since Chanyeol was deep asleep you were sure there will be a deep awkward silence between you and Kim Namjoon. 

I mean should you speak out about it? Should you address the almost, not kiss? "Is it me or his clothes don't fit him?" you turned to look at Namjoon.

He shook his head. "Old pajamas. I went shopping not so long ago." He softly whispered and you nodded. "We'll let him sleep. Are you staying here tonight? I mean, it's pretty late so I don't think it's safe for you to walk there." 

You both avoided eye contact, just looking down at Chanyeol who peacefully slept in his bed. You were nervous, Namjoon was too but neither of you could see that. You moved slightly and your hands touched and that was enough for the two of you to panic. 

Namjoon lifted his hand up and you moved it up to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear. "I think I got this bottle of wine I got as a gift. You wanna get a drink?" 

"Definitely. Yess." You giggled and made your way out of the room, slightly closing the door to the room. "So white wine or red wine?" You spoke, now slightly more calm than before. Why? Who knows. 

Namjoon looked through a cabinet. "Red." He pulled the bottle out with two glasses of wine. "You're not a rose kind of girl, are you?" 

You shook your head no and held both the glasses as he opened the bottle, pouring down the wine down for the two of you. "Definitely not," you spoke calmly and scooted over to the side so he could sit next to you. The couch you were sitting on was pretty small so your legs were pretty close, his knee was rubbing against yours and you didn't pull away this time. "Care to tell me a story?" 

"What for?" He laughed and unbuttoned the top button to his dress shirt. 

You leaned forward a little and looked at him. "A nice story is always interesting when accompanied by a drink." 

...

Half the bottle for the two of you. Namjoon was fine, just quieter than usual. You were a giggly red mess joking around. "So my mom freaks out, obviously and I didn't know what to do. She already saw it." 

Namjoon was staring at you tell him the story of how you ended up with a hickey and grounded for half a year. He wasn't listening, he just stared at you and smiled. "Yeah?" his voice got ten times deeper when drunk. You noticed the slight shift and it was way too attractive for the two of you. "Y/N." He called for you.

You looked up at him with a soft smile. "Yeah?" his heart skipped a beat, you were more beautiful than any other person he'd ever seen. "You're beautiful. You know that right?" 

"Huh?" you giggled and blinked your eyes twice. Maybe you heard things wrong. "What did you say." 

He knew you heard him. "Y/N. I like you." your heart dropped to your stomach and you looked down at your hands. "Yeah... you're pretty amazing." He chuckled at your reaction. 

You looked up, a pout on your face. "That's not fair..." he looked at you with confusion, frowning for a second and not understanding what he was saying. 

"What do you mean, I mean you don't-" you weren't thinking. Your actions were controlled by the wine and you leaned forward. Wrapping your arms around his neck and going in for a kiss.

Your faces flushed, Namjoon tensed up in surprise at first but as soon as he realized what happened, his hands wrapped around your lower back. You smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer, leaning back as he leaned forward to deepen the kiss. The alcohol made you too finally be honest and just do as the two of you wanted but never had the stomach to do so.

"Wait wait wai-" you pulled away, slightly opening your eyes and shuttering them open. "This isn't right. What if-" 

Namjoon shook his head no and pulled you closer, putting his head down in the crook of your neck. "Give me a second." He was shaking, his hands held you gently and you sobered up with the shock alone. "I'm sorry- it's just... it's been too long. I'm not ready to get rejected yet." 

"What do you mean?" you looked down at Kim Namjoon and sighed. "I'm not too heavy?" you finished your sentence. 

Namjoon looked up at you and widely smiled. "You're pretty perfect." He spoke and pecked your lips. You giggled and rolled over to lay down on your back on the couch, Namjoon hovering over you.

...

Crying. Something you rarely heard first thing in the morning, especially when it came from Chanyeol. Despite the comfort, you jumped up in surprise. "Chanyeol?!" you stood up and ignored Kim Namjoon who was also asleep on the couch where you slept. 

Opening the door to the bedroom, you saw Chanyeol sitting crying on the bed. "What's the matter buddy?" you picked him up and played with his hair. "Everything's ok... it's alright... I'm right here." He cried and you sat down on the bed beside him.

From the door, you looked to see Namjoon leaning against the door. "Y/N." Chanyeol and you both turned to look at him like two little puppies looking at him with their little cute faces. 

Chanyeol got off your lap and walked to Namjoon. Yet you looked at Namjoon with a soft smile. "We could talk first or eat breakfast. What's your choice?" He chuckled and picked Chanyeol up. 

"Alright, some breakfast would be nice. What will it be Chanyeol?" he asked him and Chanyeol grinned. 

"Pancakes!" he exclaimed and you smiled. Namjoon put his hand out for you to hold. You took a step forward and held his hand. 

To think half a bottle of wine was what would get you here? You just had to figure out where 'here' was.