(25) Messy

Third POV

Y/N spent her sweet time in the kitchen. Her mother had organized things and had forgotten to tell her where she had moved the tea. That only meant Namjoon was left alone with them for the longest time.

He knew how to properly hide his nervous expression but that didn't mean that he wasn't having a full mental breakdown while waiting for Y/N to come save him. Her parents who had been acting really carefree and jolly before were now serious in front of her boss.

"Kim Namjoon... what are you thinking of doing with our sweet innocent Y/N? I can see the love eyes you give her from a mile away." Namjoon tensed up even more.

He bowed frantically while sitting down straight, his head almost hitting the coffee table as hard as he could. "I swear I have no ill intentions towards your daughter!" He wasn't loud but his words sounded really determined that he got his point across.

"If you haven't noticed Y/N's sometimes an airhead and tends to make decisions on a pure whim which can just result in her making decisions without thinking." Her father spoke seriously, explaining how he saw his daughter and no matter what he said. When he spoke about his daughter he had a warm expression. He showed that he cared about her without having to say it out loud. "So she dragged you here without really thinking of what to say to us. So, before she comes here and freaks out, why are you here?"

Namjoon was not really shocked but still surprised by how serious Y/N's parents seemed. They seemed completely different than what they showed themselves to be. The celebrity seemed nervous but took a deep breath, understanding that he was talking to two concerned parents. "Y/N has told me about your intentions to move away. Today my schedule took such a turn that I somehow ended up going house hunting with her." Namjoon explained carefully and all the young girl's parents did was stare down at him with an intense expression. "The neighborhoods looked really shady and for her very own safety, I recommended she moved into my house- which has an already empty room and a spare bathroom for her own privacy."

"Dad, Mom-- don't bully the poor guy, please. He's doing me the favor of letting me move into the same house as him." She explained it calmly, her cheeks with a tint of red. She was embarrassed by her parent's sudden behavior and also slightly amused by Namjoon's seriousness. "I'm an idiot but please- give me more credit, please. Namjoon Oppa is a good guy. The nicest guy I've met in a good time."

Y/N had been listening for a while already. She was leaning against the door but when all heads turned her directions, she walked in the direction of her parents and Namjoon to sit in the empty spot next to him, across from her parents who were nervously laughing after being caught by their daughter.

Y/N had been used to this. It happened prom night when she had a date who was only just a friend at the time. It happened when she got her first boyfriend and she was not even surprised they would do it to her boss.

Namjoon just stared down at his cup, not saying anything unnecessary. It would be a lie that Y/N's words didn't flatter him a little but he did his best not to show it.

Y/N's dad sighed and crossed his arms. "We'll allow it." Namjoon looked up with great excitement and so did Y/N. Yet she had a feeling that there was a 'but' coming. "....As long as you leave me with your latest project so I could sell it."

"But dad...!" she exclaimed loudly, desperately even and Namjoon had just realized that he didn't know much about Y/N- not even that she actually had a passion for painting and that she was good enough to have her artworks sold. Maybe he didn't know Y/N at all... and for some reason that bugged him.

...

"They're leaving in a week so I have a week to pack important stuff and take them with me." Y/N stood by her father's car, looking at the work of art she had to say goodbye to. "This took me weeks to make..." she spoke in a whisper. At that moment, Namjoon took a second to admire the piece. It was an angel, blinded with thorns in their eyes. The wings were broken and their hair fell down to the waist to cover its chest and the accented curves.

It was truly a work of art.

"You didn't tell me you painted." Maybe he was surprised or maybe he was in awe.

She looked up with a warm smile. "You never asked, Mr. Idol." Her face was warm and Namjoon stared down at her. He was slowly leaning forward with his mask on, not really caring that he was outside. Y/N seemed to have forgotten as her hand trailed up to pull down Namjoon's mask with soft giggles slipping past her lips. She placed a small kiss on his lips and he leaned forward even more, his hands snaking around the small of her back.

He really liked her and wanted to get to know her even more. From her whiny side when she was around her parents to her very endearing caring side of when she was taking care of his son for whom he cared about very much. He smiled down at her and she let out a small sigh and shared a look with him. "What is it?"

She pouted and placed another small kiss on Namjoon's lips by just getting on her tippy toes. "We're outside." She pulled his mask back up and reached to hold his hands behind her back so he could remove them. "I'm not trying to get witch-hunted for kissing you." Y/N placed another kiss on top of the mask and pulled on his hand for a brief moment. "We can go home..." She raised a brow and Namjoon couldn't help but just smile in her direction while staring at her as she walked in front of him.

His chest felt warm... Nice and warm.

...

"Y/N...!" As soon as the door was opened by the Maknae, a naked, soap soaked Chanyeol came running in Y/N's direction. Y/N let out a small laugh, lifting Chanyeol up before he got the chance to hug her legs. "You're bwack..!"

She hugged him back and looked around the house which had been a mess. Namjoon entered after her and that's when Jungkook seemed to be in a state of panic.

"What happened here?" He looked slightly angry... You spotted three of the guys sleeping and the other ones were in the kitchen doing what seemed like cooking. "Chanyeol hasn't eaten yet?"

Y/N looked at Chanyeol who just kept his arms wrapped around her. "How about we rinse the soap off of you and get you dressed?" He pulled his face away from the crook of her neck and nodded with a smile until he noticed Namjoon from behind her. He climbed over Y/N's shoulder, softly kicking her in the face before reaching over for Namjoon.

Namjoon noticed his son and reached for his arms to lift him up. "Hey, bud, what's up? Did your uncles not feed you anything other than sweets?" He glanced at the three guys who slightly tensed up under his eyes. "Am I right?" Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin all looked at Namjoon, trying not to laugh.

"What are you guys trying to cook?" Y/N stepped up to the kitchen, making sure Namjoon didn't look a little too angry. "Maybe I can help you out?" She smiled and they seemed to have sighed in relief when they noticed Namjoon had walked away from them towards the bathroom.

She looked around and waited for the others' replies. There seemed to be seven different bowls of ice cream and the cookie bowl was almost empty. She wasn't angry but was just worried about Chanyeol's diet and how unhealthy it was to eat ice cream and cookies without having an actual meal.

"You guys have to help me out with the cleaning while I cook, ok?"