Chapter 6 (edited)

Claire's POV:

All I saw was darkness surrounding me like it was gonna eat me up. I kept running not stopping at all. I was running not knowing when this darkness will end. I heard footsteps following me and it was catching up to me.

My heart was pumping hard and fast as I kept forcing my legs to run further, out of the dark and into the light but it seemed never-ending.

I shot my eyes open gasping for air looking around to find myself still in the warm bed. Another nightmare.

I let out a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat dripping down my forehead, at least I'm out of the dark.

I looked at the clock on the side table, it reads 8:35. The sun was out and bright, and I could see the sunlight breaking through the heavy thick curtains.

There was a knock on the door, I let out a soft 'come in' and walks in Derek with a towel and clothes in his hands.

"Good morning kitten" he said smiling at me and putting the towel and clothes at the edge of the bed.

"Good morning Derek" I said with a little smile feeling well-rested, my muscles were a lot more relaxed after a good night's sleep.

"I got you a new towel and clothes for you to change into." He said pointing at the clothes.

"Ella will help you shower" an elderly woman walked in as he spoke, she smiled warmly at me. I returned her smile with a smile of my own.

"I'll be waiting outside the door, let me know when your ready for breakfast kitten" he said ruffling my hair and I nodded.

He walked out closing the door behind him.

"Hello dear, I'm Ella. What is your name love?" She asked sweetly.

"I'm Claire" I said smiling at her, she came towards me and held her hand out.

"Come I'll help you get freshen up" I grabbed her hands as she helped me out of bed and towards another door that I assume was the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~

After Ella helped me clean and shower, I felt better already. I was filthy, it felt good to be clean again. She helped me dress in the clothes Derek gave me, which were another oversized buttoned-up shirt and shorts, I wonder if it's Derek's.

I got dressed with Ella's help, she was so heartwarming and welcoming, I saw the look of pity in her eyes as she was changing my bandage.

"You're all ready to go now" she said after helping me put my shorts on, they were big on me so I had to fold them twice so they wouldn't fall.

"Thank you very much, Ella" I thanked her.

She leaned and pecked my forehead "Don't thank me, sweetheart, call me if you need anything without hesitation ok?" She said making me tear up, I've never had women treat me as sweet and with love before, like a mother.

I nodded my head and she walked out of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts. What is this place and why are these people being nice to me? Just a few days ago a man threatened to kill me, tortured me, and now this? Are these people with him?

My train of thought broke when there was a knock on the door. Derek walked in giving me a soft smile.

"Feeling any better?" He asked and walked towards me.

"A lot better after the shower" I said smiling politely at him. He came and picked me up bridle style and carried me downstairs towards the dining room.