Chapter 38 (edited)

My lovely readers!
This chapter will be longer than the rest.
I wanted to get it out when you guys gave me 5k reads. I was in happy tears 😭
So this chapter is dedicated to my amazing readers.
I hope you guys will like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier's POV:

There's something she's not telling me, I can't quite put my finger on it but I can tell. I'm not stupid enough to not notice the change in her eyes. There was an unknown fear in her eyes when I looked into them.

Sliding my arm from under her peaceful sleeping form I walked out of the room and straight down the stairs where Derek was sitting with his mouth full.

"I thought you were gone for at least a week, did you get any useful information out of that prick?" He asked and I shook my head before taking a seat beside him.

"It was a trap, to get me away from her" I explained and a look of pure anger took over his features.

"Were you with her the entire time Derek?" I asked.

"Yea man, we were mostly home. She barely ever left your room and if she did it would be to eat." He explained and I felt somewhat assured.

This means even if that puntura tried to get to her she wasn't alone, Derek was with her.

"So you and her, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows annoyingly and I rolled my eyes at him but the mention of her with me made me feel warm inside. Can't deny it anymore.

Picking up my cup of coffee I walked away towards my office.

~~~~~~~~~

Claire's POV:

Rubbing my eyes slightly I sat up straight in bed and looked around the room. It was empty but his side of the bed was still warm.

Flashbacks of last night flashed before my eyes and my face went red. What am I doing? What has gotten into me? My best friend's life is hanging on a thread and I'm here enjoying myself? Lying not to just Xavier but myself?

The guilt overtook me as I hugged my knees to my chest.

A couple of minutes later my phone vibrated and I picked it up.

A gasp left my mouth when I saw the picture sent to me by an unknown number.

It was Skyler all bloody and tied up, just like the picture Evan showed me and tears brimmed my eyes.

A text came making my heart drop.

'The plan better be in action sweetheart'

Immediately shutting my phone off I hugged my knees and let the tears flow. What do I do?

Not finding the energy to get out of bed I just hugged Xavier's pillow and layed there while a million thoughts ran wild in my head. And none of them were helpful.

A couple of hours passed by and I was still in bed, sniffling. Trying to think of a way to sort this mess, to save Skyler.

The door opening made me peek out of the pillow and look towards the door as Xavier walked in. Worry filled his eyes when he saw me still in bed.

Walking towards me he slightly bent down and touched my forehead.

"Fuck angel you're burning" he gasped before picking me up in his arms to which I held him tightly as he walked out with me in his arms.