Chapter 46 (edited)

Xavier's POV:

Darkness. Everywhere I looked was darkness and nothing else. I paced around, trying to get out, to get to Claire, but I was stuck. I need to see her..

"Xavier!"

A voice came, filled with pain and horror, mom?

I ran towards the voice and the voice came again, I increased my pace but it got me nowhere.

"Mom where are you!?" I called out but only silence came in return.

"You didn't save us" her voice came and her words stabbed me in the heart.

"We died for you, to keep you safe. You saw us being killed and you did nothing!" Her voice roared and I dropped to my knees, sobbing.

"I couldn't do anything...I'm sorry mom" I cried.

"You didn't save me, Xavier"

My heart stopped when I heard Claire's voice, the voice I had been dying to hear. But her words were like rubbing salt in my wounds.

"Baby I'm so fucking sorry, please!" I pushed myself back on my feet as I searched everywhere to get to her.

"I'm dying Xavier, I'm dying because of you, you're a monster!"

"No Claire, you can't leave me, please baby I'm so sorry" I cried, desperate to reach her.

"You've lost me forever Xavier" her voice faded and my entire body burned to make me drop to my knees.

"No! Come back Claire, please come back baby!"

I gasped, ripping my eyes open, and franticly looked around just to find myself in a hospital bed. I need to see her now!

Sitting up I felt a sharp pain shoot through my lower abdomen. Fuck.

"Easy Xavier, lay back down" Oliver rushed to me pushing me back to lie down but I shoved his hands away.

"I need to see her" I grumbled, my voice rough and dry.

"You've lost a lot of blood Xavier, you need to relax and lie down"

"What I need is to fucking see her!" I roared ripping the tubes that were attached to my wrist.

"Xavier you can't see her!"

"Why the fuck not?" I snapped, pushing myself off the bed. He stayed quiet, a look of pain in his eyes.

"Why can't I see her Oliver?" I repeated and he sighed.

"She's still in surgery" he said, voice low.

"How long was I out for?" I asked frowning.

"12 hours"

She's been in surgery for 12 hours..?

The door opened and walked in a doctor catching our attention.

"You're not supposed to be-" he began but I cut him off.

"Where is she?" I grumbled and his eyes slightly widened.

"She just got out of surgery but-" after he said that she was out of the surgery, his words were a blur to me as I pushed myself onto my feet and rushed towards the door but was stopped by a pair of hands on my arm.