Chapter 53 (edited)

Claire's POV:

I woke up feeling as satisfied and happy as ever. I can't believe last night actually happened. Jesus, I can't believe he loves me!

Rubbing my eyes and turning and expecting to see him, I was disappointed when I found the bed empty. He left..?

I could feel my heart tearing up but then my eyes fell on a note, sitting on the pillow. I reached for it but winced in pain. Am I supposed to feel this sore after last night?

Picking the note I let out a breath.

"Will be back with breakfast,
Stay in bed :) - Xavier"

A huge smile broke on my face and I set the note on my side table before carefully getting up. I need to pee.

Getting in the bathroom I was doing my business when I heard loud banging coming from outside.

Frowning I quickly rushed out and my world stopped when I saw a very bloody and bruised Liam standing in the lounge with his gun pointed toward Skyler.

No..

"There she is" he let out a humorless chuckle when his eyes landed on me.

"You think I would let you off the hook that easily? huh Claire?" He now aimed the gun at me, I was frozen in my spot seeing him standing there.

"Easy? You've ruined my life, Liam, what more do you want?!" I shouted feeling the tears burning my eyes.

His face morphed into a look of shock but he soon recovered and chuckled scratching his head with the barrel of his gun.

"You let that son of a bitch fuck you and now you've got the guts to fucking shout at me?" He laughed

"You belong to me Claire, and if I die, you die with me. I know I can't hide from Xavier forever but guess what bitch, that's not what I want and that's certainly not why I came here for, I know he will kill me so I'm here to take you with me, because you are mine, you always will be!" He cursed before taking the safety off the gun and my heart pumped faster. This is it, I'm going to die without having the chance to tell Xavier how much I love him..

I saw him point his gun at me, ready to shoot, and after that everything happened so fast, before I could react to anything I heard the deafening sound of the gunshot and I shut my eyes tight, ready to welcome the pain but it never came, instead I felt a pair of arms pull me against a hard chest in a tight hold.

Snapping my eyes open my blood ran cold when my eyes met the same brown ones. No..no!

"Xavier..?" I let out a whisper and his eyes filled with tears.

"I love you.." his voice was barely a whisper before his hold around me loosened and he crumbled down on the floor.

"Xavier!" I cried dropping to my knees pulling him onto my lap and holding his face in my shaky hands.

"Today's gotta be my lucky fucking day" Liam laughed but all I could see was the blood that began seeping through his shirt and onto my hands and legs.

"Don't cry Claire, you'll join him in hell soon enough" he continued but I didn't care, at this moment I just needed Xavier to look at me.

"No no! please Xavier don't close your eyes, please! look at me" I begged as more tears sprung out my eyes but his body went limp in my arms and that's when I heard another gunshot followed by a loud thud.

Looking up I saw Liam's body lying there with a bullet hole right in between his eyes.

"Fuck!" Derek's voice came as he rushed towards me tucking his own gun in his pants.