Chapter 9 (edited)

⚠️⚠️!!Warning ⚠️⚠️ this chapter contains violence, read at your own risk!!⚠️⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier's POV:

I stomped into my room fuming with anger. Watching her cry makes me feel an unpleasant sting in my heart and it pisses me off, even more, she's nothing more than just a small helpless little girl. With the prettiest, big doll-like eyes I've ever seen.

Her trembling figure won't get the fuck out of my mind! I sighed in annoyance and held a cigarette in between my lips lighting it up. She's fucking with my head. I need to get a hold of myself, especially around her.

I went to my table and sat on the chair opening my laptop and busying myself with work. I need to distract myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours passed and it was 2:00 pm. There was a knock on the door and I let out a low 'come in'.

Ella walked in with her head held low. "Lunch is served master" she spoke respectfully.

I nodded at her and closed my laptop standing up. "Tell Claire to eat downstairs, or she won't be getting any food" I ordered and handed her the keys to Claire's room and walked out.

Walking downstairs I went straight into the dining. Oliver and Derek were already seated and chomping on their food. I went and sat on my chair.

"Didn't see you all day man, where were you?" Oliver asked sipping on his wine.

"Must be busy torturing Claire" Derek muttered making me clench my fists tight.

"Derek don't disrespect him" Oliver scolded him making Derek scoff.

"There's no fucking proof that she's innocent, and she could be sent by them. We're not talking about just anyone. You fucking need to grow up and see that Derek. I'm not stupid enough to let her go free knowing she could be one of them." I snapped at him having enough of him bickering.

"Why are you so worried about her anyways?" I asked getting pissed at why he cared so much that he dare raise his voice at me, for the girl who he barely met 2 days ago.

"Because I know a bad guy when I see one, they don't carry a light around them, they don't have fucking innocence in their eyes" he looked dead in my eyes.

"I don't mean any disrespect Xavier, you know better than me and I'm sure you can tell who's a snake by just looking in their eyes, I just want you to look in hers and tell me she's one of them." He spoke without any hesitation.

I sighed and looked at Oliver "How are things with the job I gave you?"

"The records were nicely cleaned, whoever did it knew exactly what they were doing" he said and gulped down his wine "but nothing I can't crack into, give me a week or two and the information will be on your desk"

A week or 2, I can't wait that long, but I can't pressure him to hurry it up, he's great at what he does and I'm sure he won't disappoint me.

I was about to take a bite of the pasta that was served neatly on my plate when Ella ran into the dining room catching all of our attention, she seemed out of breath. As if she ran all the way here from my room.

I stood up alarmed as the panic was evident on her face.

"Ella, what happened? Is everything ok?" Oliver asked standing up and walking towards her, she was trembling.