Chapter 42 (edited)

Xavier's POV:

I woke up after a very uncomfortable sleep while her face, her smile, her goddamn innocent eyes kept flashing in my dreams, suffocating me.

The weight on my chest only grew with every passing second and Eric's words did not help one bit.

Running my hand down my face I heard something click against the floor and I looked down just to find her bracelet. Where did this come from?

Picking it up the only thing that flashed before my eyes was the pure happiness in her smile when she got this bracelet.

Then I remembered that I fell asleep with this in my hands because I couldn't feel at peace knowing I couldn't hold her in my arms. That I couldn't hear her soft breathing.

Swallowing my feelings I placed the bracelet in the drawer and walked into the bathroom and hopped under the shower. Letting the cold water somewhat calm my tensed muscles.

Getting done I walked out and into the closet to get changed when my eyes fell on one of her shirts lying on the floor. My hands moved on their own and picked it up.

Bringing it close to my face I took in a deep breath. It still smells like her.

I kicked her out of my life but how do I kick out the feelings I have for her..?

Getting frustrated I put down her shirt and got changed, ignoring the begging of my heart.

Walking back into my room I picked up my suitcase that had documents I brought from Italy. If I busy myself enough I won't think about her.

Taking a seat on the couch I opened it and pulled out the files I needed when Claire's cell phone fell on the floor catching my attention. She didn't take it with her?

Clenching my jaw I reached for it and picked it up. Giving in to the urge of going through it I turned it on.

My chest tightened when I saw her lock screen was the Teddy bear I got her.

Swiping up the screen it unlocked. Letting curiosity get the best of me I clicked on her contacts. My brows drew together when I saw the last texts were sent from an unknown number.

But before I could click on it the phone died. Fucking great.

Getting up I put the phone on the charger and walked out of my room and towards my office.

Dropping down on my chair I let out a deep sigh and buried myself in work.

Hours passed by and I did all I could to keep myself occupied, to stray my mind from her thoughts but somehow ended up having the same thoughts of her and her enchanting eyes looking into mine, making me miss the feeling of having my arms wrapped around her fragile body. I fucking need a drink.

Pushing off my chair I walked out of the office and down the stairs just to find Oliver already seated in the lounge.

"Morning man" he hollered noticing my presence and I gave him a subtle nod before pouring myself a drink.

"Want one?" I asked, offering him a glass to which he nodded.

Pouring him a glass as well I walked over to him and handed him his glass before taking a seat on the couch.

"Have you heard from Derek?" I asked and he broke into a fit of coughs.

"No, I haven't. Why?" He rasped and I looked at him unsure.