Chapter 10 (edited)

Claire's POV:

I woke up feeling the urge to pee, I opened my eyes feeling tired, and all of my energy was drained. I looked at the clock to see the time and it was 8:25 am. I forced myself to sit up, my leg was numb, I lifted the cover to see I was in an oversized hoodie with just my underwear underneath but the hoodie was big enough, it ended by my mid-thigh, I panicked at the thought of someone seeing the scars on my back, then my eyes landed on my thigh, my wound was patched up. What happened yesterday?

Then it all hit me, Xavier's cold eyes, his decision of keeping me here for god knows how long. I started feeling light head with all these terrifying thoughts, I sighed and rested my head on the headboard.

With my eyes closed my mind wandered off to last night, I had a nightmare. Again I was trapped in the darkness, infinite darkness but this time I saw a light, a light that gave me hope. It never happened before, I suddenly felt safe and protected. I felt a comforting warmth around me, but then it vanished. Leaving me craving for more.

I forced myself off the bed with the help of the side table. I proceeded my journey to the bathroom with the help of the wall because I wasn't able to put even the tiniest bit of pressure on my leg or I'd fall.

Successfully reaching my destiny I did my business and washed my face.

I stared at my reflection, I looked dead, like a zombie. My skin looked dead, my hair was a mess. It didn't feel like I was looking at myself, It felt like I was staring at someone else's reflection.

I sighed and proceeded to brush my teeth. Getting done I dragged myself out of the bathroom and plopped down on the bed. What even am I supposed to do here? Sit around and wait for someone to beat me, or yell at me??

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at the door as Oliver walked in with a soft smile.

"Good morning sunshine"

"Good m-morning Oliver" I said smiling back at him lightly.

"How's your leg now?" He asked pointing at my leg and walked towards me and sat beside me.

"I-its numb" I stuttered nervously, it's not that Oliver makes me nervous but I'm not used to his presence as much as Derek's.

Oliver nodded with a pitiful look in his eyes.

"Come on let's get you downstairs hm? You haven't had any food in your stomach in so long"

Oliver proceeded to pick me up and I flinched away instinctively. A look of hurt flashed in his eyes.

"W-where's Derek?"

"Ouch, you don't like me?" Oliver said placing his hand over his heart playfully making me giggle.

"I'm hurt now sunshine" he pouted at me and I slightly felt guilty since Oliver never harmed me.

"I-its not like that it's j-just-"

"Relax sunshine I'm messing with you" Oliver chuckled and I relaxed a bit.

"So may I escort you downstairs?" I softly smilled and nodded so he picked me up like a baby and started walking towards the door

"Derek's gone out of town for work, he wanted to say goodbye himself but you were sleeping so peacefully he didn't disturb you, he was the one who asked me to fill in for him" he spoke laughing lightly, Derek's really sweet, sometimes I forget he's in the mafia.

Leaving the room Oliver headed for the stairs as the black door opened and walked out Xavier was perfectly dressed in all black buttoned-up suit, making him look like a Model straight out of a magazine. So it's his room.