Chapter 35 (edited)

Claire's POV:

Getting cleaned up I had to change out of my shorts. Walking towards the sink I tapped the redness off my cheeks and walked out of the bathroom just to find Xavier sitting at the edge of my bed.

He had also changed out of his previous attire and was now dressed more formally. I could feel the lump forming at the back of my throat knowing well enough that he was about to leave.

"Angel, come here" His voice came and I silently walked forward, and when I was in his arm's reach he grabbed me by the waist and put me over his lap making me gasp and look at him in surprise.

"I'm sorry Doll" he whispered and traced his finger down my cheek making me sigh.

"I promise I will make it up to you once I'm back, but right now I need to leave" he whispered before pressing his lips to the side of my head.

His finger slide down my chin and pushed it up so now I was looking right at him.

"I will miss you" he mumbled softly more to himself than me, causing me to lower my face with red cheeks. He will..?

His chest vibrated as he let out a melodious laugh causing my lips to tug upwards in a smile of my own.

"così fottutamente adorabile" he whispered in his thick Italian accent before running his fingers through my hair making me close my eyes in satisfaction. Even though I didn't understand what he said it still warmed my heart because of the softness in his voice and the gentleness in his touch. (So fucking adorable)

"Don't leave Derek's side, va bene bambola?" He instructed in his soft voice and I slowly nodded with my eyes still closed when I felt him softly press his lips over mine leaving a whisper-like kiss.

Feeling my face getting hot I opened my eyes and our eyes connected and for the first time, I saw a look of such affection in his eyes, and what surprised me, even more, was that he didn't even try to hide it.

An involuntary yawn left my lips and he chuckled before standing up with me still in his arms and I only wrapped my arms around his neck resting my head over his chest.

He walked out of my room and walked towards his before pushing the door open and walking in.

Gently putting me on his bed he pushed my hair away from my face before running his eyes over my face.

"Sleep angel, I will be back before you realize it" he whispered and pressed his lips tenderly over my forehead, and before he could leave I held onto his arms, tugging his arm slightly to which he stopped and looked at me confused.

"Can you stay till I fall asleep?" I asked, my eyes begging him to stay.

His eyes softened and he slide into bed pulling me over his chest before running his hand through my hair.

"I'm here angel" he whispered holding me tightly against his chest and after days I finally felt safe and at peace in his embrace, his warmth.

Clinging onto him sleep took over me faster than it ever has and before I knew it I was out like a light.

~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up and the warmth that kept me safe and protected all night was now gone.

Involuntary tears filled my eyes and I hugged the pillow. He'll be back soon Claire.

Turning to the side I yelped when my eyes fell on a huge Teddy bear making me sit up and rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.