Chapter 27 (edited)

Claire's POV:

The next morning I woke up feeling somehow fresh. Not as much as I was in Xavier's arms but I think having his scent around me put me in a somewhat peaceful sleep.

Stretching my arms I jumped off the bed. Tristan said he wanted to show me something today and I was pretty curious.

Brushing my teeth and tying my hair in a loose bun I didn't bother to change. I don't think Xavier would be around and Tristan comes around the afternoon so I can change it later.

Skipping down the stairs I was ready to devour Paul's famous fluffy pancakes but then I stopped in my tracks when I saw a tall figure sitting at the dining table.

I was surprised because it was odd seeing Xavier on the table since I haven't seen him around much ever since we got here except for last night.

Just the mare thought of what I was doing last night flushed my cheeks and I could feel the same desire creeping back up.

Sucking in a deep breath I walked over to the table and sat down.

"Good morning" I mumbled softly earning a soft hum in response.

"You didn't change?" His low voice made me look up at him.

"I can go change now" I began to stand up but his hand gripped my arm in a surprisingly soft hold making me sit back down.

"No need to, as I said last night it looks good on you" he said not taking his hand off my arm which only caused the butterflies to take crazy turns in my stomach. It's too early to feel this way!

Just then a couple of maids walked in and served us breakfast.

Soon we both began eating in comfortable silence while I occasionally stole glances at him.

He was dressed casually in, a grey V-neck shirt with black trousers. Showing off his beautiful tattoos. It was so hard to fight the urge to just reach out my hand and trace my fingers over his tattoos and feel his skin.

I didn't realize I was openly staring at him till it was too late. When my eyes traveled back up to his face I felt my face burn with embarrassment.

His eyes were fixated on me, a sly smirk was prominent on his lips, and a dark look was obvious in his eyes.

"See something you like Doll?" He teased making my heart do a flip at his nickname.

I subconsciously nodded and he seemed a bit shocked at my bold action, hell even I was surprised.

"Care to share what?" He asked sounding interested.

"Y-Your tattoos, they're pretty" I managed to mumble and I swear I saw a soft smile tugging on his lips before he masked it with his signature smirk.

"Pretty huh?" He whispered huskily making me lower my flushed face and shove pancakes in my mouth before I embarrass myself any further.

Soon after he was done and stood up making me crank my neck up to look at him.

"I will see you at 7" he said before walking away. So I wasn't dreaming about last night it seems.

Getting done I gathered the dishes and made my way into the kitchen and cleaned them as I'd been doing for the past few days.

Soon after I got done I decided to spend the rest of the day in the library before Tristan gets here.

Hours passed by and it was now almost noon, so I got out of the comfortable sofa and dragged myself into my room to change.