Chapter 48 (edited)

Claire's POV:

A week has gone by and I'm still in the hospital. Days are slowly dragging as all I do is sleep, eat, cry and repeat.

I have no idea what's going on around me, or more like I haven't had the energy to observe my surroundings. All I know is that Skyler is here with me and Eric who claims to be my brother visits every day.

The moment I saw Skyler walk into this room I was bawling my eyes out. To see that she was alive and healthy, I was ecstatic.

Derek hasn't left my side for once either. The first couple of days after regaining consciousness I was terrified of him. Hell, I was terrified of everyone. Even the doctors.

In every men's face, all I was able to see was Liam, and the worst part, it was not in my control. But since Skyler came around I have been feeling somewhat better, and safe.

The first couple of days I wasn't even able to sleep because of my nightmares but after that they just kind of vanished.

Allowing me to have a peaceful night's sleep and I'm grateful since it's helping me heal faster and now finally after a week of being caged in this hospital room, hospital bed, and clothes. I get to go home and sleep in a real bed.

But that's also something I have been thinking a lot about. Where will I go? Eric says he wants to take me far away from here, from everyone, for a fresh new start.

Skyler on the other hand has practically been living here with me, she went through hell because of me and I can't leave her behind no matter what.

Then there's Derek, who has been here every day, making sure I'm safe and protected. I haven't heard from Xavier but I know he's around because every morning I'd wake up with his scent lingering around the room and a sense of warmth wrapping around me.

A knock on the door broke my train of thought and walked in Derek with a warm smile on his face.

"Doc said you're all ready to go today, feeling good kitten?" He asked and I gave him a soft nod with a gentle smile.

Ever since I regained consciousness, I didn't utter a word. It's like I've lost all the energy to speak. Everyone has been trying to get me to speak. Skyler, Derek, and Oliver, even Eric but right now even talking feels like a chore that I don't wanna do.

The door opened again and walked in Skyler with a bag in her hands.

"I brought your clothes honey bee" she said handing me the bag that I took and carefully jumped off the bed walking towards the bathroom.

Walking in and closing the door behind me I let out a shaky breath before pulling the hospital gown off me.

Tears welled up in my eyes when my eyes fell on the mirror. My entire torso was covered in bruises, marks, and cuts.

Ripping my eyes off the mirror I slide on the sweatshirt and pants Skyler brought me.

Not sparing another glance into the mirror I walked out of the bathroom and a gasp escaped my lips when I walked in on Skyler and Derek kissing.

She immediately pulled away when she realized I was there but Derek did not seem fazed at all while her face was gone completely red.

He whispered something in her ear which only made her face go even redder and pulled away giving me a soft smile before walking towards the door.

"I'll be outside kitten, let me know when you're ready to go" he informed me and walked out.

"You're going back to his place?" Skyler asked as soon as Derek left and I sucked in a deep breath.