Chapter 22 (edited)

Claire's POV:

When I woke up I looked around a bit confused. When did I fall asleep?

Sitting up my eyes fell on the broken bathroom door making me gasp. What-?

Then it all came rushing back to me, Emma, my panic attack, and Xavier.

Did he really break the door and helped me? How did he manage to calm me down? It never happened before.

I scrunched my nose at the thought of him seeing me in such a state.

I ran my eyes toward the clock to see it was already noon, I had been asleep for hours.

I stretched my arms and got off the bed and walked towards the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror I looked at my reflection, which was saddening. I was a complete mess, my eyes were swollen from all the crying and my hair looked like a nest.

I sighed and splashed some cold water over my face. Combing my hair I didn't bother to look back at myself and walked out.

Walking downstairs I hoped I don't run into Emma, she clearly hates me.

I was lost in my thoughts when I bumped into a hard chest almost knocking the air out of my lungs. I frowned and rubbed my nose looking up to see who I bumped into, to find no one else but Xavier. My frown was immediately replaced by a light blush.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sounding surprisingly gentle and genuine. But still didn't fail to make me nervous to my very core.

"I'm better now" I mumbled softly and he looked straight into my eyes as if making sure that I was okay.

"Good, because we're leaving" he informed making me frown slightly in utter confusion.

"L-Leaving?" I asked to which he only gave me a stiff nod.

"I had Ella pack your bags, check if there's anything else you wanna take, I will be out in the car" he stated and began to turn away making me subconsciously reach for his arm and making him stop.

"B-But where are we going?" I asked nervously feeling the muscles of his arms tense under my palm.

"Italy" he muttered pulling his arm out of my hold and walked away not sparing me another glance, leaving me standing there dumbfounded. Italy? But why? I can't go to Italy, how will I get to Skyler?

Millions of thoughts ran through my mind. No, I can't leave the country.

I immediately rushed upstairs into my room and saw a suitcase placed by my bed with a small handbag. Where's Derek, I need to talk to him.

"I see you're all prepared to leave kitten" I heard Derek's voice from the doorway making me take a quick turn as I rushed to him wrapping my hands around his torso.

He returned my hug immediately.

"Why am I going to Italy?" I asked with a shaky voice.

I felt him let out a deep sigh before pulling away and looking at me.

"It's gonna be much safer there kitten, Xavier doesn't want a repeat of that night's events, and I agree" he said fixing my hair.

"Are you not coming?" I asked with a pout to which he gave me a sad impression.

"Sadly no kitten, I need to stay back and make sure everything's running smoothly over here" he said making me frown.

"But I will come to visit you soon okay?" He reassured making me feel somewhat less sad.