Chapter 13 (edited)

Claire's POV:

After a while of reading, I finished the book, so I decided to take a shower.

Hopping into the shower my mind wandered to a pair of chocolate brown eyes. He might be dangerous but he made me feel oddly safe today, wrapped in his arms. His-

Wait! Why the hell am I thinking about him!?

I quickly shook the thoughts of him out of my head and hopped out of the shower wrapping a towel around me.

Walking out I gasped aloud as I saw a tall figure standing by the bed with my book in his hands. Hearing me he turned around and looked at me and his eyes widened.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry!" Derek said and covered his eyes turning back around.

My cheeks went red in embarrassment "I-its ok" I said and rushed towards the closest, but my luck I slipped, because of my wet feet landing hard on my butt as a groan left my lips. That hurt.

"You ok kitten?"

"Yes yes I'm good, just don't turn around!" I rushed and got back on my feet running in the closet without falling this time.

I looked around at the dresses that Chloe landed me since she couldn't fit in them anymore because of her baby bump.

I pulled out sky-blue jeans put them on with a white button-up shirt and tugged it into the jeans.

I walked out to find Derek still facing the wall as I left him. I chuckled as he looked around and let out a sigh of relief.

"Phew, thank god you're fully clothed now" Derek said chuckling. I laughed at the look on his face.

"Anyways I came to take you shopping" he said smiling as I knotted my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean to take me shopping?" I asked confused.

"Well your stay here is might be longer than we expected, so Xavier asked me to take you shopping for clothes and other necessities" he said shrugging his shoulder. How long is he planning to keep me here exactly?

"Do I have a choice?" I asked with hope as he shook his head.

"Nope kitten, Xavier's order" he said pouting slightly making me sigh. Ofc his orders.

"But I don't have any money"

"Don't worry your head about that, we taking his card" he said waving a card in front of my face. Why does he wanna spend his money on me? This man really confuses me a lot!

"Well since I have no option" I said defeated and Derek went to open the door.

"After you m'lady" he said bowing down slightly making me giggle.

I thanked him and walked out of the room with him right behind me, we started walking downstairs and unconsciously I skipped a step and was falling, I closed my eyes tightly ready to feel the pain but it never came, as a pair of arms were wrapped around me stopping me from falling. I looked up to see Derek smirking at me.

"Someone's clumsy today" Derek said chuckling lightly making my cheeks go red.

Someone cleared their throat grabbing our attention as we looked at the top of the stairs. Xavier was standing there with his hands in his pants pockets.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked glaring at me and Derek with his jaw clenched, I was confused at first then I realized what position we were standing in, my hands were on Derek's chest and our faces were awfully close. I quickly pulled back steadying myself.