Chapter 40 (edited)

Claire's POV:

I don't know where I was, or how long I was out for. But the first thing I felt when I started regaining consciousness was fear and panic. He's back..and this time I'm stuck for good.

"Look who's awake" His voice came and I could feel my lips trembling as all the memories of the past came flooding back.

"L-Liam" I stuttered daring to look up at him as he stood there with the same smirk that haunted me to this day.

"I'm glad you remembered me baby, would've been painful for you if you didn't" he chuckled and walked closer to me while I sat there helpless, tied to a chair.

"Look at you, still the same as I remember, helpless" he mused trailing a knife down my cheek and tears welled up in my eyes.

"P-Please Liam" I begged as tears escaped my eyes.

"Oh baby you know how much I love hearing you beg" he whispered applying pressure on the knife till the blood started dripping down my cheek as I cried in pain.

"Quiet" he snapped making me shake as more tears fell down my cheeks.

"It seems you've forgotten your manners" he began pulling the knife away from my face and I sobbed silently.

"But it's okay, I've got you now, I'll make sure you learn to behave in no time. Like old times" he whispered with a smile that gave me nightmares.

Running his hand over the wound on my cheek he let out a sigh of satisfaction before grabbing my face and making me look at him.

"So tell me, did you let him fuck you?" He questioned now his demeanor completely changing. Being around him is like walking on thin ice, you never know when it snaps.

He applied pressure on my cheek making me scream out in pain.

"Of course you did, didn't you? You always were a fucking whore!" He shouted and dug his nails into my wound and my head began getting heavy when I couldn't handle the pain anymore and I passed out.

~~~~

When I woke up again I was still in the darkroom but the only difference was that I wasn't tied up. He knows I can't escape him, not this time so he untied me to mock my helplessness.

The room was pitch dark with just a little light that crept through a small hole in the wall.

Holding my knees close to my chest I sobbed. I miss him..

The keys jiggling made me scurry into a corner when Evan walked in.

"He definitely missed you" he chuckled, his eyes lingering on my cheek that Liam sliced open.

"Your plan will never work" I spat at him and he only shook his head smiling.

"It's already working sweetheart, and it's all thanks to you" he chuckled and my throat tightened.

"Don't you wanna know where's your friend?" He began as he squatted down in front of me and my eyes welled up.

"Please let her go" I begged him letting the salty tears glide down my face.

"Oh but she's already gone sweetheart" he chuckled and my brows furrowed in confusion.

"Dead. Gone" he whispered with a vicious smile and everything stopped. My entire body went numb as I sat there in disbelief. No..she can't be...

"You killed her, if only you had listened to me she would still be alive" he sighed before getting up.

My heart shattered in million pieces as I felt a piece of me die. I killed her..it's all my fault..