Chapter 31 (edited)

Warning ⚠️ this chapter contains triggering topics and violence ⚠️

Claire's POV:

When the body was pulled off me I scurried away and wrapped my arms around myself. Tears rolled down my face none stop as my body shook uncontrollably.

I couldn't see who else was in the room and who dragged Tristan off me, all I could do at this point was hold myself and cry while my heart was beating against my chest not allowing me to hear anything other than my own heartbeat.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I immediately began screaming and thrashing my arms around, desperately trying to get out of the hold.

"Baby it's me, it's me!" the arms around me only tightened and more tears dripped down my face.

"You're okay. Breath. Just breathe, open your eyes, look at me baby, it's over now, I've got you" a pair of warm hands rested on my sore cheeks forcing me to look into the deep brown orbs and instantly I gave in into his arms.

I held onto him and cried. Hard. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

He scooped me up in his arms and began walking, I didn't care where he was taking me, all I cared about in this moment was that he was here, I was safe.

Keeping me close to his chest he whispered sweet nothings to me until my cries turned into silent whimpers.

Slowly lifting my face he ran his eyes over my face with his jaw clenched and a look of rage swam through his eyes.

"Xavier h-he tried t-to-"

"Sshh I know baby, I know, I've got you, you're safe. I promise you I won't let anyone hurt you ever again" he whispered pressing his lips on my temple as more tears slide down my face and I only rested my head against his chest, sobbing silently.

"Please don't leave me again" I sobbed into his chest and he rocked me back and forth like a baby before kissing my head.

"I'm not going anywhere Doll, I'm not leaving you ever again" he whispered with his lips pressed up against my head and lay down on a bed with me still in his arms.

I hissed out aloud when my back made contact with the bed and he immediately picked me back up and looked at me puzzled before realisation hit him and his jaw ticked.

"Let me get you cleaned up" he said and stood up before walking towards the bathroom with me in his arms still. I panicked.

"N-No put me down!" I cried and he immediately stopped placing his hand over my cheek and rubbing it smoothly.

"Angel let me help you, please" he whispered, sounding desperate.

Tears welled up in my eyes but I nodded still, hiding my face in his neck as he continued walking towards the bathroom.

Dropping me down on my feet he didn't remove his hand from my waist as he dug through his cabinet searching for the first aid kit with his other free hand.

When he found it he set it on the table and pulled out clean cotton and began dabbing it on my lips making me hiss.

"Hold still angel, almost done" he whispered, his voice filled with rage. But not towards me.

Last HopeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara