Chapter 44 (edited)

Xavier's POV:

2 months later..

It's been two months since I last saw her, two months since the last I was able to look into her eyes, hear her velvety voice that always managed to calm the beast inside me, that gave me peace..

I have never felt as lost as I do now without her. I don't feel like myself anymore. I have been looking for her for months, 2 fucking months, and still no sign of her.

Every day my hope shatters to bits, and every night when I come back empty handed I feel myself fall further into the darkness. And I know the only thing that can pull me out is her. Her eyes, her smile, her voice. Just her.

I need her and not being able to find her is killing me every day little by little.

For the last two months, I haven't once stopped looking for her, I have my men scattered everywhere, every street, every road, hoping to see just a glimpse of hope to get to her, to find even a fraction of clue that can lead me to her.

I have Oliver, Eric, and my other men tracking down that son of a bitch Liam but he's nowhere to be found as if he vanished from the face of the earth. He's not alone in this, he has Robert backing him up.

Hide all you want, but once I get you I fucking promise death will not be the mercy I'll grant.

I will drag you out of your sewers Robert, and you will pay for fucking with what's mine.

Skyler on the other hand has physically healed. Derek had been looking after her and I didn't think it was a good idea to let her live in her apartment all by herself as they could easily try and harm her again.

She means too much to Claire and I'll make sure what's important to her stays safe.

Pulling up in front of the mansion I dragged myself inside the quiet empty house. Wishing to hear her soft footsteps around the house, wishing to hold her in my arms after getting back.

Walking up the stairs I walked into her room. Which has become my new routine.

I open her room every night with the hope of seeing her peacefully sleeping in the bed. But every night I find the room as empty as ever.

If I find a fraction of peace is only in her room, with her things surrounding me. Things that I know she has touched.

Getting my shoes off I dropped down on her bed, holding her bracelet in my hand.

Help me, angel, I'm lost without you.

Feeling my throat closing up I shut my eyes, letting out a shaky breath, and allowed my exhaustion to lead me into an uncomfortable sleep with a bleeding heart.

~~~~~~~~~

Flashbacks:

I was playing around with Derek in his playpen when I heard something break. Derek heard it too and it seemed to scare him.

Taking his hand I kept him close behind me and went to investigate where that sound came from.

As we began to climb down the stairs I heard my mother's painful screams that shook me entirely.

Rushing my steps I held onto Derek's hands tightly and soon we were standing in the lounge that was filled with so many men dressed in all black.