Chapter 26 (edited)

Claire's POV:

It's been 2 weeks since I last saw Xavier, and that was also when we first arrived in this house. I haven't seen him ever since. I don't even know if he's in the house or not.

I know he's avoiding me after that kiss in the car. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it but I try to keep myself distracted with the books and it's been pretty helpful so far.

Most days I'd eat alone and sometimes Paul and Tristan would keep me company. I came to find Tristan is Paul's nephew and they have been working for Xavier for over 7 years.

Paul has been nothing but kind toward me. He and Ella made me wish I had loving parents like them.

I haven't heard anything from Derek or Oliver either. Well it's not like I have a way to contact them anyways but normally I'd hear Xavier on a call with Derek but now even that's gone.

I won't lie I miss him, he somehow always knew how to make me forget about all the negative going on in life and enjoy the moment.

Tristan and I on the other hand have become somewhat good friends. Every afternoon he would water the plants and flowers and I'd help him while he'd tell me more about his passions and hobbies.

Even tho I've been well kept here I'd still miss the comfort only Xavier can offer. I remember the night I slept in his arms and how I had one of the most peaceful sleep in years.

It was like being in his arms protected me from all the horrifying memories and nightmares that haunted me and I can't deny the fact that I wanna feel that again, I wanna sleep in his arms just once more.

~~~~~~~~~

Xavier's POV:

It's been two weeks, two goddamn weeks and I haven't been able to see her up close or hear her angelic voice and it's been fucking with me too goddamn much.

I can see her in the garden from the window in my office. She spends most of her afternoons in the garden, reading or helping that boy with the flowers.

How many times have I had to hold myself back from breaking his fucking hands off every time I saw him hold her hands guiding her as she happily watered the plants.

The worst part was I couldn't, she isn't mine but a huge part of me wanted to fucking change that and make her mine, have her smile at me. Have her in my arms all fucking day long.

It has become a part of my routine, every afternoon I'd stand in the window with a drink in my hand and admire her from afar. Because I knew if I go near her I won't be able to hold myself back, not this time.

When I told her to pick any room, deep down I knew she would pick the one next to mine because It reflected her bright aura.

On one hand, it gave me a sense of peace knowing she was safe in the next room but also put me through hell when I hear her muffled cries at night, knowing that she was having a nightmare but not being able to hold her in my arms and comfort her because if I do that, I wouldn't be able to pull myself back, and that will only put her in more danger then she's already in.

Gulping down the remaining of my drink I looked out the window to see her sitting on the bench with her face buried in the book. Wearing one of her short sundresses that made her look divine. And that didn't help one bit.

My hands itched to hold her, feel her soft skin under my fingertips, and kiss her till we both run out of breath.

Letting out a frustrated sigh I was about to walk away when my eyes fell on that boy as he approached her. So I decided to stand by and watch for a little while longer.