𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.

9:46 AM

After letting my alarm clock go off for nearly five minutes, I was done with that nonsense. I'm not sure why it was scheduled for 9:46 when there was nothing going on today. Never mind, there's probably something going on today that I'm just not aware of. "Assholes.." Scoffing and scratching my head, I make my way to the restroom.

I got out my toothbrush and toothpaste and brushed my teeth for approximately 3 minutes before washing my face and getting my hair wet. I slid into the black slippers I bought at Victoria's Secret with my hair in a sloppy bun. I took my phone out of my pocket and placed it into the pocket of my sweatpants. I came to a halt at the door, supposing I was fully clothed, but I wasn't. I was wearing a see-through white bra. "Shit.." I grumbled, irritated because I was starving.

I skipped supper last night due to a headache and a lack of desire to deal with Romeo and Amalo's nonsense. They were a pain in the neck. I couldn't even hear myself think because they were so loud. I pulled on an oversized black short-sleeved shirt and dashed to the kitchen. Everyone was seated at the table, but they were eating quietly. I could tell something was off.
"Good morning, amore," my "father" said, his gaze fixed on his meal plate rather than on me.

"Good morning," I said, knowing that everyone had had enough of my nonsense. I can be childish at times, but I try to brighten the mood. I selected the seat next to Adrian since there were no other seats available in the room. I sat down and took the food that was on the table and placed it on my plate. I was eating my eggs when my thigh was grabbed by a hand.

When I looked down, I noticed a muscular hand covered in tattoos. Adrian was gripping my thigh, so I let out a short chuckle. I saw him lean back in his chair, his gaze fixed on me. He gripped my thigh even tighter, his gaze searing into mine. He understood what he was doing, and I could tell he was having fun with it. For some reason he quickly let go of my thigh. Someone had kicked him beneath the table, I could tell. He sat back in his chair, crossed his arms, and fixed his gaze on Alvero.

Something caught my eye when I was watching Adrian's gaze on Alvero. My father, too, was staring at Adrian, his jaw clenched. I have no idea how he sees everything Adrian does to me. I was getting irritated by whatever he was trying to find out. I wanted to be alone with Adrian for hours and do whatever I wanted with him, but I couldn't because my overprotective father was always hovering over me. My love life was none of his concern. "Yelena." My father broke the stillness by yelling.

I ignored him because I figured I'd get away with it, although to be honest, I'm not sure why I thought that.
"Yelena!" My father yelled at me, his hands pounding on the table, demanding my attention. Everyone put down their forks and stared at me, waiting for a response. I smirked, knowing full well that I had irritated him. Good.

In any case, he has to be taught a lesson. Before he could reach me, he leapt from his chair, but my mother grabbed his arm. "Respond," Adrian said as he glanced at me. His attention was burning into my eyes. Fine, but only because Pinocchio said so.

"What exactly is it?" I inquired, a happy but phony smile on my face. He was as irritated as a fuck. Oh well, I'm not normally the one in charge of such matters. My mom is usually the one who calms him down. Cringy.

To irritate him even more, I pretend to gag. He sat in his chair, arms crossed, and calmed down. "I'd want for you to come to my office after you've finished eating your breakfast so I can tell you a little bit about this family." With a sigh, I replied, "Fine." I went to his office after finishing my meal since I wanted to know what he needed to say.

I took a seat in the chair in front of his opulent-looking desk. "What exactly do you want to say?" I inquired, my interest piqued. "Well, cara," he said, "I'd want to ask you if you're familiar with the Italian mafia." "Yes, I'm aware of what it is. They are essentially terrible individuals who profit from the sale of narcotics, firearms, and the murder of innocent people." I assured him that there would be no difficulty in me telling him so.

He appeared to be cringing at what I had just said and the way I had depicted them. "Why?" I inquired as to why he had asked such a question. He continued, his eyes searing into mine, "Because your entire family is or has been in the Italian mafia." I had no idea what he was talking about. Why? How? Really? I couldn't think of anything to say. My mind was vacant.

I gave him a puzzled look. He is a serial killer. He is a drug dealer. He murders people. Because of my confusion and realization of what I had seen in Niko's father's blazer, my jaw fell somewhat. I didn't know what to think. I sat stiffly in my chair, aware that my father was looking at me and analyzing me.

Does this mean that Adrian is also a mafia member if everyone in my family is a mafia member? I was under the impression that mafia members couldn't mingle much, therefore it meant he was also a part of it. I had a lot of questions that I knew I wouldn't be able to get answers to. "Oh," I exclaimed. "Oh? Is that all you have got you say? "he inquired, perplexed. I stood up and walked out of his office, unable to blink because I was drowning in the questions and thoughts that were filling my mind. My family is a mafia family.