Chapter 9: Flashbacks

() Elsha talking in his mind

[] Ddraig

......
......
......

It's been a few hours after the game between the Houses of Gremory and Phoenix.

While mostly everyone in the Gremory peerage was healed and rested. Only the Pawn of the peerage was still unconscious after the beating he has gotten from Riser. With their Ace in the hole in bed sleeping, the peerage decided to start preparing for the hated marriage party that they had to attend.

"Do you think Issei will be alright?" Akeno asked as she entered Issei's room to bring some food for Grayfia who was patiently sitting in one of the chairs in the room.

"Yes, you don't need to be worried about him Akeno. He will be alright, he did take some serious damage and exhausted himself from the fight. Thank you for the food." Grayfia replied as she gracefully took the food and thanked the Queen of Rias for it.

"It's no problem Grayfia. Thank you for keeping an eye on him. We appreciate it." Akeno spoke as she bowed to the Strongest Queen and exited the room leaving both Issei and Grayfia alone.

As Grayfia continued to watch over Issei while eating the food she got from Rias Queen. She couldn't help but remembered what she was told by her sister-in-law about the Red Dragon Emperor. She trusted Rias but the way she acquired him didn't make sense to her. It was as it was all set up too perfectly to be the truth. And she was worried that what might did happened was the worst case.

(Flashback)

As Rias was reading over some papers related to the Devil business she suddenly felt a magic circle forming in her clubroom. Seeing it belonged to her clan she expected it to be from either her brother or his wife. Which moments later showed that she was right as the latter appeared through it wearing her normal maid outfit.

"Grayfia, it's nice to see you. How are you been doing?" Rias asked not showing her uncomfortableness that she felt at seeing her.

"Rias, it's also nice seeing you. I'm good though I'm here on the orders from your brother to tell you that you have less than 2 months to prepare for Riser. He started to pressure for the marriage." Grayfia explained seeing Rias flinch and starting to get angry at the message.

"I thought that I still had time till that cursed marriage!" Rias shouted to no one in particular as she was getting even angrier at the thought of her and Riser.

"Yes you did, but Riser along with the Elders are pushing this."

"Well, I do have someone in my peerage that will force Riser into the Rating game and Riser will lose to him." Rias confidently said to the maid.

"And who do you have that can beat him?" Maid asked not knowing who in the Rias peerage was strong enough to beat Riser.

"That's easy, I have found Red Dragon Emperor, and he is now my servant." Rias told her in the voice full of pride and confidence.

Grayfia hearing that Rias has acquired the legendary beast had her eyes wide for a second before she got her shock under wraps. Though, that begged the question on how she was able to convince the Heavenly Dragon to become her servant. It was common knowledge that Dragons loved their freedom.