Chapter 27: Meeting The Norse God's

[] Ddraig

{} Albion

() Elsha, Belzar

..
..

As Issei and his team regrouped in the hotel, they all brought what they bought to Issei's room before they eat and calling it the day. While everyone was asleep and resting, Issei, on the other hand, was in his mind again with Elsha, Belzard and Ddraig in Elsha's part of his mind. With the former training with Belzard in his hand to hand combat, which proved to be hell, as Belzard was throwing Issei around like he was a used doll. After his light sparing (ass whooping), Issei had magic training with Elsha, that was more like a shooting practice for her, Issei was also dominated in that regard. It was painfully clear to him, both past hosts of Ddraig where putting his training regimen into the next gear, while Ddraig just laid down on the grassy field of Elsha's domain. relaxing and laughing at his current host as he was again sent flying courtesy of Elsha's Ice magic.

After a few more rounds of getting his ass handed to him by both Elsha and Belzard, Issei finally managed to get some break as both hosts decided that Issei had enough for now, so they all sat down with Elsha, bringing some water and food for Issei with magic, which he devoured with dragons ferocity making everyone chuckle at his expense.

"Well Ise, that was a good warmup for what I'm about to teach you, Elsha also had to go through this so don't think that you are the only one." Belzard said after Issei finished his bottle of water, making Issei go wide eyes as he started to pale a bit at what the Strongest Sekiryuutei said.

"T-this w-was just a... a... warmup?" Issei asked in fear making Belzard chuckle a bit.

"But of course, you didn't expect that this is all? Now what I'm about to teach you is somewhat similar to MMA, but unlike it, this is way more brutal. It's called a Pankration, the ancient fighting style that was created by the most feared warriors in history. The Spartans, as to how I know about it, was because an older Ddraig host that mentioned that on Mt. Olympus where the Greek Gods' reside, is the place where the Greek god of war Ares also resides. Ares's personal guards are the finest, and bravest warriors in Ancient Greece's history. They were known for their bravery, zeal, cunning and sheer brute strength and ferocity. I assume you heard of the famous 300 Spartans?" Belzard told Issei getting him to nod in acknowledgment.

"Good, the commander of Ares guards is none other than the great King of the Spartans, Leonidas himself. The one that sacrificed his own life in order for the rest of the army to withdraw, and fight another while his royal guard and allies stayed to defend till their last breath. From what I was told by the great Warrior King himself, is that it was on Ares's personal request that Hades let them out of the death lands, so they can serve their War God for eternity." Belzard explained more getting Issei so whistle in admiration for their deeds.

He heard a lot of great stories about the legendary warriors, and he had to say that he found Spartans as a prime example of bravery, though not to say that other warriors from other countries weren't as brave or strong as Spartans. Vikings, Samurais, Immortals, Praetorian Guard, Winged Hussars, Knights of a Red Dragon, Varangian Guard where also some of the best warriors the world has ever produce, and their deeds on the battlefields of the world left all others in awe at their art of war.

The opportunity to learn even one of the arts, that those mighty warriors knew and where experts of, was a blessing in the sky. And Issei was sure that he would do everything needed to master one of the arts of war that those people before him learned, and where frightening and deadly efficient in that.